ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re-applying to EEA-2 for transferring visa to Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eylemy
Newly Registered

re-applying to EEA-2 for transferring visa to Passport

Post by eylemy » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:21 pm

Hi ,
I have been married since 27 January 2007 and made my application just after this date.After 5 months, i wrote a letter to request my passport for urgent travel reasons. First I was sent my passsport without any visa, then few days later I was sent a paper with my residence card stamped on it.I was not told to return my passport fro transferring to my passport after i return from my trip. We were not aware that for schengen visa application residence card stamped on another document was not acceptable, in this way i could not visit my husband's family in Spain.
For this reason I called HO for transferring my Residence Card to my passport and I was told to re-apply as if i was applying for EEa-2 for the first time.
1-The problem is that it has been 3 months since we applied and at least they should have sent my husband's passport and we do not know how long it will take.
2-When we re-applied my Husband who is EU citizen had just left the job but we show the bank details and I am working in a big company as an accounts assistant.
Could you please advice me if this could affect our application process, because I do not want to interfere the process once again?
Thanks for your help.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Hello,

I dont think that this will affect your application. Exercising a treaty right is the basis of your application and so long as your husband is, there should be no problems.

The Home Office seems to be experiencing a delay in processing applications at the moment and when they do process your application they may or may not ask for recent payslips. If they do, you husband can send in recent ones or if he is not employed, bear in mind that job seeking is also classified as exercising a treaty right.

Can I ask, are your referring to your residence card being issued as a separate sheet of paper titled and 'Immigration Status Document'?

Pasha

eylemy
Newly Registered

re:

Post by eylemy » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:58 pm

Can I ask, are your referring to your residence card being issued as a separate sheet of paper titled and 'Immigration Status Document'?

Pasha

Hi,
Thanks for your advices.
That was the document they sent "Immigration Satus Document". It is fine to use in the UK, but not for any other European country.I tried to get schengen visa, but spanish embassy rejected me eventghough I am married to spanish citizen.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:32 pm

Hello,

I have been issued with the same thing and it is such a pain. I too have been told I cannot apply for a Schengen Visa in London because the residence permit must be stamped into my passport. I am travelling back to my home country soon and plan to apply there which is another option althought this may not be convienent in the future. I know at some point I will have to re-apply like you did to get the stamp transferred.

Can I ask of your experience travelling using a the immigration status document, did you have problems at the airport travelling because the stamp was not on your passport? I am travelling for the very first time independantly of my husband and I am abit concerned that I may have problems checking in to leave the UK and also re-entering the UK.

Also, did you have any problems employment wise as the permit is not in your passport?

When you re-applied, did you send your original passport and immigration status documents back in?

Sorry for all the questions,
Pasha

eylemy
Newly Registered

Post by eylemy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:35 pm

Can I ask of your experience travelling using a the immigration status document, did you have problems at the airport travelling because the stamp was not on your passport? I am travelling for the very first time independantly of my husband and I am abit concerned that I may have problems checking in to leave the UK and also re-entering the UK.

Also, did you have any problems employment wise as the permit is not in your passport?

When you re-applied, did you send your original passport and immigration status documents back in?

Hi again,

I did go to my country twice with that visa and i did not have any problems. I also applied to schengen visa back in my country once and you do not need to show the UK visa for that. Only when you applying in UK you have to show valid visa stamped in the passport.
I had to sent the original passport and immigration document which my visa stamped on.I had to send my husband's original passport as well, he is also frasturated with all this issue.

Thanks and good luck for the future applications.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:52 pm

Hello,

I am so glad that I found your post, you have answered all my questions as I am in the very exact position. I have contacted the French Embassy in my home country and booked an appointment to apply for my Schengen Visa there.

You can request that your husband passport to be sent back. They will ask for a reason which could be either work, ID purposes or for travel. I would say not request yours back (unless needed urgently) as you will run the risk of them mixing things up again.

Your husband, being the EEA National, can collect his passport in person from the Home Office which can be done on the same day. He will have to book and appointment.

Many thanks for your advice and good luck, I hope your wait will not be much longer.

Pasha