ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to US after voluntary departure on order of removal

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CB7648
Newly Registered

Return to US after voluntary departure on order of removal

Post by CB7648 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 pm

I chose to voluntarily depart the US instead of being deported back in April. I was banned from entering the country for 10 years, unless i have a family member or a spouse who is an American citizen. Unfortunately i dont.

I just want to go back to finish up my schooling, then leave. Is it possible to ever go back? I am considering re-applying to school soon.

Thanks in advance.
:D

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:54 pm

If you were banned from entering for ten years, then I doubt applying to study there would be approved.

The only exceptions I can see are exactly what you have written (family member/spouse of US citizen), and maybe entering the country as a diplomat.

Whywere you banned for ten years?

oldmedic
Newly Registered

Post by oldmedic » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:33 am

You might enter the country illegally, but that is it.

You chose to leave in lieu of deportation. Obviously, they had the grounds to deport you. They must have ahd a reason why they wanted to deport you, but you chose to leave voluntarily, rather than to be permanently barred from entry.

The law is clear, there is no legal way you can come back, other than those exceptions you have already noted. If you are caught in the US, you will serve prison time most likely, and then be permanently barred from ever entering again.