ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP/Tier-1 Dependent Visa processing time - VFS chennai?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilr_wp
Newly Registered

HSMP/Tier-1 Dependent Visa processing time - VFS chennai?

Post by ilr_wp » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16 am

Hi all,

Can any recent HSMP/Tier-1 "Dependent Visa" applicant can comment on current processing time for the same, especially from Chennai DHC..??

Thanks

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:57 am

No concrete knowledge regarding the same, but some thread on this forum said it took 5-7 working days (for straight forward cases). It'll help to search on this forum.

hsmphyd
Newly Registered

5 to 7 working days

Post by hsmphyd » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi,

I applied for my wife dependant visa on 20th June and got the visa on 28th June.

It has taken only 6 working days for me.

Regards,

Srinivas

tsp

Post by tsp » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Did you receive the Visa by post? if that is the case when was it stamped.

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:43 am

Hi,

What form did you have to fill?

Thanks

hsmphyd
Newly Registered

Post by hsmphyd » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:33 pm

I received the visa through post only. As I requested a post dated visa, the visa was stamped from 9th August.

I filled the form VAF10

Regards,

Srinivas

knigh7

Post by knigh7 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:37 pm

are you on the old hsmp or tier 1?

dieseldespo
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa for old HSMP

Post by dieseldespo » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:29 pm

All,

I have been reading this forum to get more firm answers.., but at times it is misleading. I am in UK under HSMP ( approved in Oct 2007 & EC stamped in Feb 08) and trying to apply dependant visa for my wife and son.

1. There are some posting suggests to use VAF10 for dependants [ I fully agree that we must use form for PBS tier1]
2.There are some new postings suggest to use VAF2 .., saying they have changed the rule.

I am now in confusion whether to use VAF2 or VAF10.

Please can anyone clarify ?

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Dependant Visa for old HSMP

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm

dieseldespo wrote:All,

I have been reading this forum to get more firm answers.., but at times it is misleading. I am in UK under HSMP ( approved in Oct 2007 & EC stamped in Feb 08) and trying to apply dependant visa for my wife and son.

1. There are some posting suggests to use VAF10 for dependants [ I fully agree that we must use form for PBS tier1]
2.There are some new postings suggest to use VAF2 .., saying they have changed the rule.

I am now in confusion whether to use VAF2 or VAF10.

Please can anyone clarify ?

Regards
I can assure you that you won't get a consistent answer anytime soon. In case you are in a hurry, then send an email the local BHC / VAC in your country asking them the same question. Use the form they tell you to and attach a printout of the email along with your application. No way will they be able to blame you for using the wrong form.

Itis only VFS India that seems to be advising applicants to revert back to using VAF2 for dependent applications (old HSMP approvals). UKVisas website doesn't say anything of this sort.

Up to you.

regards

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!