ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Process and Timing Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Carterbell
Newly Registered
United States of America

FLR(M) Process and Timing Question

Post by Carterbell » Wed May 08, 2019 9:57 am

Hello everyone,

I'm about to send in my application for FLR (M). My current Leave to Remain expires on June 15th 2019 - so the 28 day window begins on May 18th 2019. I have all the documents scanned and ready to go, but have one process question and one travel question, would be so grateful if anyone could help/clarify.

1) After sending in the application, is it likely will I be able to book my appointment before my current visa expires? I'm aiming to do same-day decision, so am hoping there will be dates available within the 28 day period (ie 18th may - 15th June). Any thoughts on this?

2) I am going to be traveling for two weeks during the 28 day window. I leave on May 22nd and return on June 9th. I was planning to send in my application on the 18th and try and book an appointment for before I leave or right after I return. But now I am wondering if I am allowed to leave the UK while my application has been sent in, or do I need to wait until I come back to apply? I will be back before my visa expires, but it will be cutting it closer than the 28 day window.

Any help/advice would be so appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Process and Timing Question

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:16 am

I'm about to send in my application for FLR (M). My current Leave to Remain expires on June 15th 2019 - so the 28 day window begins on May 18th 2019. I have all the documents scanned and ready to go, but have one process question and one travel question, would be so grateful if anyone could help/clarify.
Have you submitted and paid online already?? Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and not the date of your UKCVAS appointment.
1) After sending in the application, is it likely will I be able to book my appointment before my current visa expires? I'm aiming to do same-day decision, so am hoping there will be dates available within the 28 day period (ie 18th may - 15th June). Any thoughts on this?
Possibly, depends on your location in the UK and what service you have chosen. Note there is no longer a 'same day face to face decision' service anymore. UKCVAS is only a third party agent for documents and biometrics. So presumably you are opting for the £800 Super Priority service, which still does not guarantee a speedy response.
2) I am going to be traveling for two weeks during the 28 day window. I leave on May 22nd and return on June 9th. I was planning to send in my application on the 18th and try and book an appointment for before I leave or right after I return. But now I am wondering if I am allowed to leave the UK while my application has been sent in, or do I need to wait until I come back to apply? I will be back before my visa expires, but it will be cutting it closer than the 28 day window.

If you leave the UK while an application is pending a decision, it will be considered withdrawn. You must submit and pay online before your visa expires. Date of appointment can be later.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Carterbell
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Carterbell » Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 am

Thanks so much, CR001! Incredibly helpful.

No, I have not applied and paid yet; and thank you for clarifying the application date - I thought that was the case, but great to know for sure.
Possibly, depends on your location in the UK and what service you have chosen. Note there is no longer a 'same day face to face decision' service anymore. UKCVAS is only a third party agent for documents and biometrics. So presumably you are opting for the £800 Super Priority service, which still does not guarantee a speedy response.
Yes this has changed since I last applied. So are you saying that the 'Super Priority Service' no longer ensures a fast response? How long does the decision normally take under the new system? If I want a faster decision is there a particular service you'd recommend? I'm based in London if that's helpful.

And so (apologies if this is a dumb question) this means, even though my visa expires on 15th June, I can apply just before it expires (ie when I return to the UK on the 9th June) and then wait to receive a decision after my current visa expires?

Otherwise, if I apply before I leave on 22nd May and my application isn't decided on before then, it will be withdrawn, as you mentioned. Am I understanding this correctly?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Yes this has changed since I last applied. So are you saying that the 'Super Priority Service' no longer ensures a fast response? How long does the decision normally take under the new system? If I want a faster decision is there a particular service you'd recommend? I'm based in London if that's helpful.
Super Priority is the new quickest service, usually an answer from HO within 24 hours. However it is not guaranteed and some wait much longer.
And so (apologies if this is a dumb question) this means, even though my visa expires on 15th June, I can apply just before it expires (ie when I return to the UK on the 9th June) and then wait to receive a decision after my current visa expires?
Yes.
Otherwise, if I apply before I leave on 22nd May and my application isn't decided on before then, it will be withdrawn, as you mentioned. Am I understanding this correctly?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Carterbell
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Carterbell » Wed May 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Thank you so much, CR001. So so helpful.