ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Japanese fiancé

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

safe2safe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visa for Japanese fiancé

Post by safe2safe » Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi,

Im living in Japanese fiancé. We have been together for nearly 2 years.

I’m looking to taking her back to the UK.

I don’t have any job offers from the UK so I want to know what the minimum amount of savings you need is. Is it okay if the savings come from our family’s? Obviously in a named account for 6 months.

If we are married her in Japan would it make it easier? Also are there any other factors I need to take into consideration?

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa for Japanese fiancé

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm

I don’t have any job offers from the UK so I want to know what the minimum amount of savings you need is
£62,500 held for a minimum of 6 months.
Is it okay if the savings come from our family’s? Obviously in a named account for 6 months.
Yes.
If we are married her in Japan would it make it easier? Also are there any other factors I need to take into consideration?
Same financial and English requirement as what is required for an Unmarried Partner visa (2.5 year visa) or a fiance visa (6 month visa to marry in the UK before applying in the UK for a spouse visa).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

safe2safe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by safe2safe » Wed May 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.

So I would need to apply after the money was in the account for 6months?

So the 62.500 is fine on its own without proof of employment or a salary that meets the requirements?

Thanks.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed May 08, 2019 2:33 pm

safe2safe wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Thanks for the reply.

So the 62.500 is fine on its own without proof of employment or a salary that meets the requirements?

Thanks.
That savings is fine on its own. You will need a letter from the gifter to say that the money is a gift and not expected to be repaid.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:34 pm

Yes.
Correct.

Note that the £62,500 savings cannot be a loan and HO can and do often ask for evidence of the source of funds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.