ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on limbo situation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Brassica
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Advice on limbo situation

Post by Brassica » Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am

I am currently in UK on a tier 5 visa which expires in a few days. I work full time and I have been waiting for the Settlement Scheme result for over a month. I applied after getting married to an EU National in April and didn’t anticipate it taking as long as it has. I’m now in a situation where I’m not sure what to do now with my current visa expiring/still in waiting for settlement scheme outcome.

Am I still fine to continue working as usual given I’m here with my EU husband exercising treaty rights (he has already been granted settled status too)? Do I need to notify home office of this fact? Should I call the Settlement Scheme hotline and ask for a hurry along?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Advice on limbo situation

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 am

You have automatic right of residence under EEA because you are married to an EU National so sit back and relax . Eu settlement team busy this days . You will hear from them soon. If you have COA * certificate of approval * already you are already in the final stage.
Last edited by askmeplz82 on Fri May 10, 2019 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Brassica
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Brassica » Fri May 10, 2019 11:45 am

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 am
You have automatic right of residence under EEA so sit back and relax . Eu settlement team busy this days . You will hear from them soon. If you have COA * certificate of approval * already you are already in the final stage.
Thanks a lot. I don’t even have that yet so maybe contacting and trying to find out what’s up may be helpful

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am

But one thing you should know you will only get pre-settled status and you will have to wait 5 years from the issued that to apply for SETTLED STATUS.. HOW LONG YOU BOTH MARRIED IN THE UK ?

ONE MONTH is too long for COA . people are waiting 1+ months after COA issued date

i got my COA after 32 hours so you should call them ask for COA
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Brassica
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Brassica » Fri May 10, 2019 12:50 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:48 am
But one thing you should know you will only get pre-settled status and you will have to wait 5 years from the issued that to apply for SETTLED STATUS.. HOW LONG YOU BOTH MARRIED IN THE UK ?

ONE MONTH is too long for COA . people are waiting 1+ months after COA issued date

i got my COA after 32 hours so you should call them ask for COA
Yeah pre settled is what I chose and understood would be the result. I’ve been married just over a month. I’ve had the accepted application email and sent in my ID and have had it returned. Just now waiting I suppose. Email said I would need to do biometric appointment but the website is still asking to send in identity document. I have biometrics in the system from the tier 5 visa and I wonder if it’s confused by this.