ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACCESS UK and Spouse Visa submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Khana90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ACCESS UK and Spouse Visa submission

Post by Khana90 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi all,

I understand the spouse visa process for British citizens has been improved through the ACCESS UK online portal. However, there is lack of clarity around it. I will be grateful if someone can address this ambiguity:

i. After submission of an application through Access UK, the applicant may upload the supporting documents online through the VFS Global website. However, does the Sponsor (the British citizen) still have to send documents to the Home Office in Sheffield?

Many thanks,

lutga
Japan

Re: ACCESS UK and Spouse Visa submission

Post by lutga » Fri May 10, 2019 5:05 pm

The trouble is they keep changing the rules - I'm not even sure if the government still uses the term Access UK - as this just seems to be the slogan for the area of the .gov website that deals with Visa applications. They said it was supposed to replace visa4uk - but apparently 'visa4uk' is coming back now as a beta site (but currently just for short term visitor visas).

When my wife did it about a year ago (applying from outside the UK) - there was no option to upload documents, and we had to send everything by post to the office in Sheffield (I did that on her behalf as I'm in the UK).

VFS were basically just like middle-men for us - a glorified payments/courier service that will take the payment and initial application, and handle your passport / biometrics. Everything else goes via Sheffield.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri May 10, 2019 7:52 pm

I think ACCESS UK only allows visit or short terms visas from outside uk

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... mer_QA.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat May 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Khana90 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:53 pm
Hi all,

I understand the spouse visa process for British citizens has been improved through the ACCESS UK online portal. However, there is lack of clarity around it. I will be grateful if someone can address this ambiguity:

i. After submission of an application through Access UK, the applicant may upload the supporting documents online through the VFS Global website. However, does the Sponsor (the British citizen) still have to send documents to the Home Office in Sheffield?

Many thanks,
No, does not required to send docs again to Sheffield. Actually sending documents to Sheffield is not applicable any more.

Khana90
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Khana90 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Thank you for your message.

Does that mean that all the supporting documents are uploaded on the VFS website?

Moreover, do I need to attached the Appendix 2 form with the application?

Many thanks.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Khana90 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 pm
Thank you for your message.

Does that mean that all the supporting documents are uploaded on the VFS website?

Moreover, do I need to attached the Appendix 2 form with the application?

Many thanks.
Correct, Documents can be Self-uploaded or Scan at UK VFS centres.
yes, Appendix 2 must upload, as there is separate section for it.