ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Savings

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hopefloatsagain
Newly Registered
United States of America

Savings

Post by Hopefloatsagain » Sat May 11, 2019 12:03 am

Good evening! My family and I are relocating to the U.K. from the US on tier 2 shortage visas. Because this is happening quickly, I did understand all the requirements until now. Unfortunately, our bank account has not always been at the required level for the visa. (945 pounds times three people.) We had rolled our savings into my husband’s retirement account. We are fully vested in the account and there are not any employer contributions. The U.K. site mentions not using pension accounts, but makes no mention of retirement accounts. Is there anyway we can use this account?

bganuk
United Kingdom

Re: Savings

Post by bganuk » Sat May 11, 2019 9:42 am

Good morning!

You don't need to prove 945 pounds for each dependent, you need 945 pounds for yourself and 630 for each dependent.

"Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. This is in addition to the £945 you must have to support yourself", so at the end you will be required to have 945 + 630 + 630.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

Hopefloatsagain
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Savings

Post by Hopefloatsagain » Sat May 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you! I knew that, but my brain was so overwhelmed, I forgot.