ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NI contribution statement for proof of residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarahj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

NI contribution statement for proof of residency

Post by sarahj » Sat May 11, 2019 3:56 am

Hi, my husband has already applied for naturalisation and just received an email from Home Office asking for passport/travel docs for a certain period of time which he already sent along with the application. They also mentioned some alternative if he can’t provide the passport. So we’re guessing they need a proof of residency for that certain period of time? The problem is my husband doesn’t have the documents needed anymore as it was dated more than 5 years ago. The only option is asking HMRC for the NI contribution statement. Has anyone here have tried to request for it ? Was it it quick? Thanks in advance.

Scorpio111
Newly Registered
Kenya

Re: NI contribution statement for proof of residency

Post by Scorpio111 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:03 am

luhpaoli
United Kingdom

Re: NI contribution statement for proof of residency

Post by luhpaoli » Sat May 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Hi, do you have your council tax bills from this period? You could also ask previous employers from the period to write a letter stating he was working with them in that period.
I've asked for my Nin contribution letter but it did take at least a month to arrive.