ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change in Sponsor - Dependent Visas

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vic32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General Change in Sponsor - Dependent Visas

Post by Vic32 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:43 am

Hi Team,

I'm currently working on a Tier 2 General visa as a main applicant from Sept 2017. I got a 5 year visa from my existing employer and my spouse and children have also got 5 years visa.

I want to change my employer and the new employer is willing to offer a 3 year visa only at this moment. I have the following questions:

1) If I start the employment with new employer from Jun19, then 3 years visa would mean upto June 2022 only which is short ( by 2-3 months) of my 5 years period to get ILR. Hope I can apply for a 1 year visa then and continue to complete my 5 years and apply for ILR upon completion of 5 years. Kindly confirm and suggest for other options.
2) For Dependent Visa, I have read the forums and understand that in this case Dependents do not require to re-apply for Visa and can stay upto the date of their existing visa. In my case, my new 3 year Visa would end in June 2022, however my dependents current visa ends in Sept 2022. Is this acceptable given that I would anyways extend my visa on my 3 year completion and apply for ILR together with them in Sept 2022 with their current visa?
3) Do we need to take any other action for Dependents when I switch my sponsor?

Many thanks in anticipation for your support!

Regards.Vic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General Change in Sponsor - Dependent Visas

Post by CR001 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:29 am

1. Yes you can apply for an extension as long as your total time on tier 2 does not exceed 6 years.

2. Correct, they do not have to apply when you change employers. uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html

3. No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vic32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vic32 » Sun May 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Many thanks @CR001 for your prompt reply!! really appreciated!

few more clarifications:

1) Considering I have 3 year and 3 months more for my 5 year completion, can I ask my new employer to file for 4 year COS and Visa to avoid extension at a later stage. Is it possible to have 4 year visa or say 3 and a half year visa ( or for the leftover time of total 6 years ( 4.5 years in my case))?
2) My new employer has mentioned that their Tier 2 Sponsor License will come up for renewal in Aug 2022 and hence they can't offer me a 4 year/ 5 year Visa. Are the COS and Visa duration linked to Employers/Sponsors Tier 2 Licence expiry/renewal dates?
3) I haven;t yet checked from my new employer,but can I raise the Visa request myself or the employer has to raise on my behalf?
4) My current visa for 5 years was paid with 5 year Skills surcharge and Health surcharge. I understand I have to again pay for it when applying the fresh visa with new sponsor. Can the old Surcharge/payments be refunded?

Regards..Vic

Vic32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vic32 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Dear CR001 and other team members,

Look forward to your reply for below queries.

Thanks..