ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization - Good Character Requirements

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tweba
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Naturalization - Good Character Requirements

Post by tweba » Mon May 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi All,

I’m planning to apply for naturalization but I’m confused if I qualify to apply after 12 months of holding ILR due to previous IS151A letter issued to me.

I came to the UK on a 6 months visit visa and after 4 months into my visit, I applied for asylum which was granted after few months without any refusals but at end of my screening interview at the HO in Croydon, the immigration officer gave me temporary admission letter and IS151A which specific statement of reason was Verbal Deception. And she told I did not tell the officer at the airport I am in the UK to seek asylum, I did try to argue that my circumstance changed as I got here and she asked me to shut up because she can detain me, but she’s letting me go back to where I was staying then.

Can someone please advise me on this as deception is not a good character and also is it advisable for me to challenge the decision on the IS151A now on the naturalization form as I couldn’t do so then because I was in despair at that time.

Or I should just forget about naturalization now and follow the years route as I have three more to remaining from the date on the IS151A.

Thanks.