ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resignation as a director Tier1 entrepreneur to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HMG
Egypt

Resignation as a director Tier1 entrepreneur to ILR

Post by HMG » Thu May 16, 2019 4:44 pm

Dear All,
I am in Tier1 Entrepreneur 50k. I submitted my online application for ILR on 20th of March 2019. I am a director and shareholder of two companies. I used just one of them to claim the employment and did not use the other one for anything and even I did not mention about it in the application as there were no need. The company I used to claim the employment has other directors and I have serious conflicts with them about how to run the business. I will keep the shares but I want to resign as a director. Would this give any bad indication to the case worker if checked the Companies House and found that I resigned few months after I submitted the application. I can stay as a director as I am keeping the shares but it becomes source of headache for me. Also I can focus more on the other company.
I know by law and regulations and from business point of few, it is fine so I am asking from immigration point of few for example, is this going to have any impact on the case worker when taking the decision, is this going to delay the decision because it will raise complications and so on.
I appreciate any answer from who has knowledge about this.
Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Resignation as a director Tier1 entrepreneur to ILR

Post by zimba » Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pm

I suggest to wait and resign after ILR is approved.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 am

Thanks for the reply and the advice.

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:13 pm
I suggest to wait and resign after ILR is approved.
Hi,
The conflicts with other shareholders and directors reached a bad level. I am going to resign and transfer the shares to them after getting a bit of compensation. Regarding the shares, is it alright to transfer them or I have to keep to protect myself in case I be called for an interview. I already have another company which I own the shares and I am the director too.
Regards,

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 pm

The best scenario that will be straightforward and devoid of complications will be to wait and get your approval. I know for sure HO will check your details from companies house, so why don’t you just use wisdom and delay your departure from the company. You might be surprised that your partners might be aware of your immigration situation and be taking advantage of it.
Bizman

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 pm
The best scenario that will be straightforward and devoid of complications will be to wait and get your approval. I know for sure HO will check your details from companies house, so why don’t you just use wisdom and delay your departure from the company. You might be surprised that your partners might be aware of your immigration situation and be taking advantage of it.
Thanks for the advice. Yes they are aware of it and this give them power. What if I contacted the HO and say I started new company which is true as I am forming a new partnership in few weeks plus my other company which I fully own

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 pm

Of course you can. It will however require you to provide both documents for the past business and new, remember that one of the requirement is for you to have registered the business within six months of your arrival into UK. You will definitely need to explain a lot and convince HO
Bizman

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:51 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:54 pm
Of course you can. It will however require you to provide both documents for the past business and new, remember that one of the requirement is for you to have registered the business within six months of your arrival into UK. You will definitely need to explain a lot and convince HO
Thanks Bizman. To deal with HO is much easier lol. My first company which I still fully control is registered around a month or two before I got my initial visa. I own another company and on the way to form a new company too. Everything I do is really genuine and if I got an interview with any fare person will pass me.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 pm

True. You will need records of the business you are pulling out from too. All the best.
Bizman

HMG
Egypt

Post by HMG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:10 pm

bizman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 pm
True. You will need records of the business you are pulling out from too. All the best.
I will make sure I have a copy of everything. Thanks again

Cam12
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Cam12 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:02 pm

Hello HMG,

My name is Cam and I’m currently having similar issue to yours one and thinking now if it worth to resign or not. I just wanted to ask if that worth resigning or better to wait extension which is after 1.5 year? What did tou come up with at the end, friend?
Good luck anyways

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm

Cam12 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:02 pm
Hello HMG,

My name is Cam and I’m currently having similar issue to yours one and thinking now if it worth to resign or not. I just wanted to ask if that worth resigning or better to wait extension which is after 1.5 year? What did tou come up with at the end, friend?
Good luck anyways
DO NOT bump old posts. Start your own post if necessary
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice