ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working for UK company outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ayazahmed

Working for UK company outside UK

Post by ayazahmed » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I finally got the HSMP approval on 6th June.
I applied last year in Nov 2007
I got rejection in Feb 2008. I submitted my application for review and got approval.

Currently, I am contracting under a UK based company outside UK in S.africa. After getting the EC, if i continue to stay in S.aFrica , can i apply for another HSMP and later leave to remain on the basis that i am working for UK based company?

Regards

republique
BANNED

Re: Working for UK company outside UK

Post by republique » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 am

ayazahmed wrote:Hi Guys,

I finally got the HSMP approval on 6th June.
I applied last year in Nov 2007
I got rejection in Feb 2008. I submitted my application for review and got approval.

Currently, I am contracting under a UK based company outside UK in S.africa. After getting the EC, if i continue to stay in S.aFrica , can i apply for another HSMP and later leave to remain on the basis that i am working for UK based company?

Regards
what you say is a bit convoluted.
You mean you want to apply for another hsmp even though you have one? Please note also you would apply for tier 1 since this has changed. Or do you mean that you want to extend your hsmp visa while working abroad.
if the later, if you never enter the uk, then you will never have activated the hsmp. Second, after you activate hsmp visa, you can not be out of the country more than 3 months straight abroad or you will have broken the continuity requirement should you decide to proceed to ILR. Nor will the HO extend your visa, if you are not working in the UK, which is the point of the visa