ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child overstay before switch to ilr from T2 dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

berriesE
Newly Registered
China

Child overstay before switch to ilr from T2 dependant

Post by berriesE » Sat May 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Hello everyone, please can someone help...
My daughter was born in UK in 2013 and got T2 dependant visa till 28/02/2019.
My husband and I have got our ilr from Jan 2017.
We were not sure if we should get her British citizenship or keep her Chinese one (her little brother cannot get Chinese citizenship because he was born after we both get ilr)
This year we decided we should keep her Chinese citizenship and apply for ilr for her.
The problem is that I have forgotten about this matter and realised she is now overstay for 3 months.....
So can I still go ahead apply for her or we should go back to China and apply there?
Or can I only get her British citizenship now?
Or have I totally messed up :cry: :cry:

Thank you for your time for reading this.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child overstay before switch to ilr from T2 dependant

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue May 21, 2019 7:20 pm

If a child born in the UK and any one of the parent got ILR, so the child automatically qualified for Citizenship. She is not overstayer because the child who born in the UK doesn't need a visa until he/she travel outside the UK.

It is advisable to apply for citizenship as soon.

Hope it will help.