ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with 10 year rule

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kamana
Hong Kong

Help with 10 year rule

Post by Kamana » Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Hi

I am completing my 10th year in the UK and I need to plan for my ILR application. I first came to UK on 10 Sep 2009 as a Student.

1. I currently hold Tier 2 visa till 10th Aug 2019. I understand I cannot apply for ILR as I am missing 2 days on my visa before I can apply for ILR (28 days rule). Do I need to extend my current Tier 2 visa to cover the two days I’m missing or can I apply for ILR even though I am missing a month to cover full 10 years.

(please answer to the 2 questions below assuming I need to extend Tier 2 visa for me and my dependents)

2. I have two dependents, my wife and son. My son was born in the UK three years ago and he is currently on Tier 2 dependent visa which will expire on same date as mine. My question is can he apply for ILR at the same time as me or can I get Naturalization for him after I get ILR. If so which form do I need to fill?

3. My wife is on Tier 2 dependent visa expiring on the same date as mine. She is currently completing her 9th year in the UK. When I get my ILR which form she needs to use to apply for dependent visa? And once she complete 10 years can she use SET (LR) form to apply for 10 year long residency?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help with 10 year rule

Post by CR001 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:52 pm

1. Remember that date of application is the date you submit and pay online. You might be ok though, no one can say for certain.

2. UK born child can be registered as British on form MN1 once you are granted ILR. Long Residence ILR does NOT permit dependents to apply for ILR with you.

3. FLR M, as you were already advised. uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1780544
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.