ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family member getting married

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Midofca
Newly Registered
Morocco

Extended family member getting married

Post by Midofca » Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 am

Hi everyone,
I applied for RC as the extended family member of an eea member (my sister) in Dec 2015 got it in Aug 2017 it says that I’m a “family member - eu residence”.
I’m working fine now and I’m thinking of marrying my back home moroccan sweet heart 😁 so what kind of visa should I apply for her after we get married?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Extended family member getting married

Post by Casa » Mon May 20, 2019 9:57 am

Midofca wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 am
Hi everyone,
I applied for RC as the extended family member of an eea member (my sister) in Dec 2015 got it in Aug 2017 it says that I’m a “family member - eu residence”.
I’m working fine now and I’m thinking of marrying my back home moroccan sweet heart 😁 so what kind of visa should I apply for her after we get married?
See page 18/19 in the link below, which includes:
Regulation 8(2)(a)(ii) of the 2016 regulations states a person only continues to
satisfy the requirements of regulation 8
if they remain dependent upon the EEA
national or a member of their household

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s-v7.0.pdf

You will be unable to sponsor a wife for a Family Permit under the EEA Regulations as your right to remain in the UK is reliant of your continuing dependency on your EEA national sister.

You will only be able to apply for your wife's Spouse visa under the UK Immigration Rules once you have been granted permanent residence, which under the current rules will be in 2022. This is assuming you continue to be dependent on your sister in order to qualify for PR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Midofca
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Midofca » Mon May 20, 2019 10:33 am

😳 really what kind of law is this they give us the right to work and expect us to stay dependent on the eea member this is crazy

blondesafari

Post by blondesafari » Mon May 20, 2019 10:50 am

Imagine how British citizens feel that they cannot bring any family members here who are not spouse/partner or child. You wanted to come here, are lucky enough to have been given the opportunity.

Midofca
Newly Registered
Morocco

Post by Midofca » Mon May 20, 2019 11:08 am

blondesafari wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:50 am
Imagine how British citizens feel that they cannot bring any family members here who are not spouse/partner or child. You wanted to come here, are lucky enough to have been given the opportunity.
Believe me wasn’t easy to get RC took almost 2 years and I need to keep being dependent on her for 5 years 3 left even that she is my sister I feel like I’m holding her and I don’t like that, I’ll be lucky when I get the indefinite but for now I’m still tied up