ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LOST VFS slip to get passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rj68
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

LOST VFS slip to get passport

Post by rj68 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am

Hey,

So when my wife sent over the originals to the UK, she sent over the slip to collect her passport.

On the 11th May I sent it back to her - Royal Mail tracked and signed.

As you can guess, it has gone missing - what fantastic luck!

Has anyone experienced this before? What should I/we do?

Many posts stress about this document when collecting the passport, I don't see the fuss about it because it is a document that is hers and has her photo on it, so it would be a bit hard to not identify who she was when it comes to collecting it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

rj68
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: LOST VFS slip to get passport

Post by rj68 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:45 pm

Has anyone experienced this?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 pm

That slip usually be retained by the applicant only as its not required to sheffield. But maybe her national ID card might allow her to collect the passport.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rj68
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by rj68 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 pm
That slip usually be retained by the applicant only as its not required to sheffield. But maybe her national ID card might allow her to collect the passport.
It was a receipt with the proof of payment for the priority pass, so I took that when submitting the documents in London in order to show it was priority and it was paid for.

I wonder if anyone has experienced it?