ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Partner(PBS Tier1 Dep 5yrs + ILR) Naturalisation Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chase53

British Partner(PBS Tier1 Dep 5yrs + ILR) Naturalisation Questions

Post by Chase53 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi all,

My wife has received her ILR today (thanks to this forum) and now we are planning to apply for her naturalisation and I have filled the application online. And the following checklist has been given by the website and do we need to provide anything extra?

1) Passport of the applicant. DONE
2) Applicant's Life in the UK Test pass notification. DONE
3) Proof of living in the UK for the applicant (Is this address proof? And how many sources do we need?)
4) Applicant's proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions (Assuming ILR BRP?)
5) The degree certificate for the applicant to prove the level of English language required. DONE
6) Two referee declarations for the applicant. DONE
7) Applicant's evidence of identity (Assuming passport?)
8 ) NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched. DONE
9) Current Biometric Residence Permit for the applicant. DONE

PS:
Immigration history of the applicant:
- Entered UK on Tier1 G dependent visa
- Obtained ILR after 5 years of above visa
- Partner has obtained British Citizenship 3 years ago

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Partner(PBS Tier1 Dep 5yrs + ILR) Naturalisation Questions

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:26 pm

3. passport(s)

4. ILR brp card.

7. Passport

Make sure she meets the absence limit criteria and that she was physically present in the UK on the same date 3 years as the date you submit and pay online.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:26 pm
3. passport(s)

4. ILR brp card.

7. Passport

Make sure she meets the absence limit criteria and that she was physically present in the UK on the same date 3 years as the date you submit and pay online.
Thank you CR001 again. And yeah I remember that rule when you mentioned in one of my previous threads.

So we don't need to put any other documents namely Council Tax, utility bills, P60s, Partner's passport and Naturalisation Certificate etc...?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:33 pm

So we don't need to put any other documents namely Council Tax, utility bills, P60s, Partner's passport and Naturalisation Certificate etc...?
You need your passport/naturalisation cert for her application, But none of the rest, you are not repeating the ILR process.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chase53

Post by Chase53 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:33 pm
You need your passport/naturalisation cert for her application, But none of the rest, you are not repeating the ILR process.
Super, thanks a lot. Indebted for your help again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:52 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to continue in this topic if you have any further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)