ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof for Earnings - Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

urgentr

Proof for Earnings - Tier 1 General

Post by urgentr » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi here is the proofs that i submit for the earnings. Please let me know if this would be enuf.

Previous Earnings: 20 Points Claimed
I claim points for the period 19th Jun 07 to 31st May 08.

ï‚· For the period from 19th Jun 07 to 05th Apr 08 I have enclosed the Pay slips & Original P60 Form. Since my secondment in UK started on 19th Jun 07, the P60 Form exactly mirrors the Period claimed detailing the exact amounts of earnings for which the points are claimed

ï‚· For the period 06th Apr 08 to 31st May 08 I have enclosed the Pay slips & Bank Statements showing the Gross and Net Amount Credited into my Bank Account

Note: To further prove my earnings I have enclosed my bank statements since 30th Oct 07. My Personal Bank Account was opened only on 05th Oct 07 and eventually started receiving my salary in this account from Nov 07.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahadevan B

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:28 pm

** Duplicate Post **

Not again :?
Inspite of being advised before to not make duplicate posts, you seem to be hell-bent in going against the norm and not follow the decorum.

Doesn't the guidance tell you that 2 documentary evidences from independent sources are *sufficient*? Well, if it says so, it means so .. in this country. Extra documents are not encouraged because they might confuse the CWs instead of helping your case. Also, it is worth noting the following in the policy guidance
Please note that because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period they will not necessarily show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they are for the exact period claimed. An applicant should therefore be cautious about using these documents unless he/she is sure they show the exact amount of earnings for which he/she is claiming points.
Since you are claiming points for earnings that are over and above what is included in your P60, it (P60) will not be considered a valid evidence.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

urgentr

Hi.. sushdmehta

Post by urgentr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Ok now who ever this sushdmehta is,
I really feel sorry to say this.
I see a annoying sarcastic overtone in the replies u post which I believe is a really unsofisticated or savage behaviour to be displayed on the forums. So i kindly request you to avoid the same.
Also in terms of my earnings clarification, for each period that i have mentioned.
ie from 19th jun 07 to 05th apr 08 (payslips + p60 form) (employed in uk from 19th jun 07 and hence earnings and p60 forms exactly matches)
& from 06th apr to 31st may - (payslips and bank statements)
Sorry again to have told you this.
Thanks,
Maha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:31 pm

No offence, but there is a reasonable expectation from (all) the users of this forum to follow the norm, one of which is as follows:
The moderators appreciate that bb users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single topic (or related grouping e.g. naturalisation) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unecessarily.
If you feel bad about people advising / suggesting you to maintain a healthy decorum and if you (still) wish to ignore the norm, sadly there's not much anyone can do about it. Sorry that I had to paste this quote here for your specific attention. No hard feelings!

Coming back to the real query of yours regarding documentary evidence for previous earnings - it is important to understand that one has to provide documentary evidence *covering the entire period* of earnings that you are using, and not 2 different sets of evidences for different periods from the 12 month period - unless you are claiming points for different employments during the 12 month period.

In your case, you are claiming points from income between June 2007 to May 2007 (12 months), but the P60 reflects income only until April 2008 (11 months) - the precise reason why the guidance says tax documents cannot be used in such cases
Please note that because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period they will not necessarily show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they are for the exact period claimed.
If you search the forum, you'll see posts from other useres which would corroborate the same, and also cases where applications were refused for this precise misinterpretation of the rule.

While people can offer you guidance based on their understanding of rules and their experiences, you are the one to judge what's best for you and act accordingly.

regards

urgentr

Thanks - Just one more question

Post by urgentr » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:04 pm

sushdmehta,
I was annoyed of the tone you used and not what you meant. Anyways
thanks very much and sorry too.
The guidance does say that
we have to produce documentary evidence covering the entire period however i think its not meantioned any where that 2 sets of evidences will not be accepted as proof. I am unable to produce the bank statement since the beginning because I had my personal bank account opened only on 10th oct 2007. This is a cause of concern for me and thats the reason why i submitted the p60 forms as the proofs.
Do you think this would be a reason for rejection, even if so, I have no other option. So i shall let you people know if this application went thru correctly.
Thanks
Maha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks - Just one more question

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:11 pm

urgentr wrote:Do you think this would be a reason for rejection
Based on my understanding and the experiences (of others) posted on this forum, Yes.

But hey, I am no expert on the matter either.

regards