ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's ILR - strong application??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmudigonda
Newly Registered

Wife's ILR - strong application??

Post by mmudigonda » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Dear all,
I'm not expecting anybody to give a definite answer to my question, I know that is simply not piossible. Maybe just a modicum of reassurance or something from someone! My wife's application for ILR is currently in and was received by them 25 days ago. We included the following with her application:
- Wife's NHS registration Card;

- Council Tax documents (joint names)

- Letter confirming that my (the husand's) parents pay the mortgage on our flat;

- Letter from my parents confirming that my wife and I lived there between June and October 2006;

- My wife's bank statements;

- My bank statements;

- Wife's pay slips (I'm doing a PhD at the moment so not working);

- Her provisional driving licence with proof of address;

- Letter confirming wifes National Insurance;

- Letter confirming dentist’s appointment;

- Water Bills (last few in joint names);

- Electricity Bills (last few in joint names);

- Telephone Bills;

- Letter confirming Doctor’s appointment;

- Home Insurance document (joint names);

- Passports for myself and my wife;

- Marriage Certificate (this was issued in India where we got married);

- Letter from wifes place of work confirming her employment;

- Photographs of myself and my wife;

- Wife's Life in the U.K pass certificate.

We sent approx 65 documents and about 40 bank statements. There was not much for the first 4 months that my wife was here as we were living with my folks at the time so no bills to pay etc.. we explained this in a covering letter and apologised for it. We also explained how not much was in joint names but once we found out that it was best to have things in joint names we changed everything, and again apoligised (better to be polite and a little grovelling if it gets you ILR). Its been 25 days since the application was lodged and it was done 2 weeks before my wifes spouse visa expired (the payment details were first written incorrectly so they sent the application back and we reapplied - all within the dates of my wifes visa so no overstaying at all).
Do you feel given the way that your application went, that we went about my wifes application the right way? Im slightly worried that they may contact us and ask for more info because we sent pretty much everything we had - much more than was specified. My main fear is that they will for soem reason simply say that the application is not valid and send her back, even though I know that is unlikely as EVERYTHING has been done above board. My wife has never overstayed on any visa she has had and all applications have been sent within the deadlines. We felt it was better to be honest throughout so hope that pays off. Its been just under 4 weeks, and I really hope it doesnt drag on too long. the wife and I are in the stage where its coming up to 4 weeks and we're trying to second guess the HOme Office as to whether they will grant ILR or find something or the other to pick us up on.

ANy body with experiences of ILR's that went smoothly, it would be reassuring to hear about them, particularly if they were not sure whether they had sent in proper documentation etc..

best wishes,
Mogthefrog

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:00 pm

Dear mmudigonda,

From your post it seems that the documents you have submitted may be sufficient - but i am the last person to advise you on that!

Like you i dont have many documents for the first 7 months, not applying till jan 09. Keep us posted on how you get on

Best Wishes
The Confused One