ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Part-time Employee Holiday Pay

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vdrago2k18
Newly Registered
Iran

Part-time Employee Holiday Pay

Post by vdrago2k18 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the creation of a part-time job. I have read through the forum but could not find a scenario specifically like mine so hopefully this might help others too.

I am combining 2 part-time jobs as 1 full time job and have a question about how the existence of a part-time job would work. The scenario is:

One of the part-time employees (in 1 of the part-time jobs) has handed their notice to quit (which is 2 weeks). For these two weeks the employee will be paid weekly (I do weekly payroll). However, the employee is also entitled to 30 hours holiday, which the employee must be paid for once the employment ends.

My question is: If the employee is paid for her holiday (30 hours/ equivalent of 2 weeks work as he works 15 hours per week), would this count as payments for the job/existence of the job for the amount of holiday he is being paid for ?

To put this in the form of dates, it would be:

Employment ends 2 weeks from today (so the formal employment end date will be 11th June) which work will be done and paid for in these 2 weeks.

However, will the 30 hours that they are paid for on the employment end date (11th June) contribute to the existence of the job even though the employment ends on 11th June ?

Would be very grateful if someone could guide me.

Thank you

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Part-time Employee Holiday Pay

Post by marcnath » Tue May 28, 2019 2:33 pm

vdrago2k18 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:17 pm
Hello everyone,

I have a question about the creation of a part-time job. I have read through the forum but could not find a scenario specifically like mine so hopefully this might help others too.

I am combining 2 part-time jobs as 1 full time job and have a question about how the existence of a part-time job would work. The scenario is:

One of the part-time employees (in 1 of the part-time jobs) has handed their notice to quit (which is 2 weeks). For these two weeks the employee will be paid weekly (I do weekly payroll). However, the employee is also entitled to 30 hours holiday, which the employee must be paid for once the employment ends.

My question is: If the employee is paid for her holiday (30 hours/ equivalent of 2 weeks work as he works 15 hours per week), would this count as payments for the job/existence of the job for the amount of holiday he is being paid for ?

To put this in the form of dates, it would be:

Employment ends 2 weeks from today (so the formal employment end date will be 11th June) which work will be done and paid for in these 2 weeks.

However, will the 30 hours that they are paid for on the employment end date (11th June) contribute to the existence of the job even though the employment ends on 11th June ?

Would be very grateful if someone could guide me.

Thank you
No. Holiday pay does not count towards job creation. It is part and parcel of the paid job
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.