ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help.. English requirements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsa099
Newly Registered

Urgent Help.. English requirements

Post by bsa099 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:11 am

I need a urgent response. from self assessment tool i able to view my Degree university in the list, but its not awarding 10 points for english requirement. But for master's from different university its awarding 10 points.

After selecting a master's as english requirement, summary pages show you have enough point to apply.
From my degree university i got a medium of instruction certificate also and i am submit along with application.

Whether they will prove on this or any issue? pls advise

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Make an effort to search the forum. This has been answered multiple times and loads of information is already available regarding English Language requirements.

Please note that the rules with repsect to English Language requirements for HSMP (for which you had applied earlier) and Tier 1 are different, so make sure you understand the difference. Reading the Tier 1 guidance will help.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ks
Newly Registered

Degree Issue

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:41 pm

Hi Mr Mehta,

What i could make out from your statement is :

Under tier 1 Yes, masters degree is acceptable for claiming points for Qualification and English language as long as it shows in the calculator. Am i right?

But, if you notice HO has used generic term "Master's" in the qualification and then "IT/Computer Science" in subjects.

Do you think everybody will get points for Masters, no matter if applicant's degree says..."Masters of Science in IT" or "Masters of computer Applications"...I mean will HO be smart enough to give points or will they match, the calculator with actual degree certificate??

I will be surprised if they stick to rule of thumb of matching each and every word!!!

Thanks

ks
Newly Registered

Degree Issue

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:44 pm

Also, it would be worth mentioning here...even if you select other in the course/subjects...it still give you 35 points and then 10 points further for english?

Does that mean Qualification and English points are based on the university...not on the course?

I will appreciate your reply on this.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:00 pm

If NARIC / UKBA is to include every degree title (specific down to the subject. e.g. - Master of Sciene in IT, Master of Science in Computer Science, Master of Science in Computer Applications etc. etc.) in their database, they will soon go bankrupt building a database large enough to accommodate qualifications from around the world.

MSc in IT or MCA should be seen in the list as "masters" degree in "computer science / IT" subject. Similar for other qualifications.

My personal opinion.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Degree Issue

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:03 pm

ks wrote:Also, it would be worth mentioning here...even if you select other in the course/subjects...it still give you 35 points and then 10 points further for english?

Does that mean Qualification and English points are based on the university...not on the course?

I will appreciate your reply on this.

regards
Usually a university follows a single medium of instruction / examinations. Or maybe I am ignorant about this?

regards

ks
Newly Registered

Degree Issue

Post by ks » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks for your quick reply....

Yes you are right there must be 1000's of Qualifications Under Master's Degree and they must have generalized it. And theoretically they should accept it.

I am not sure how can we clarify this...because an applicant will always care for his success and £750.

I was a silent observer of forums which are very useful. I am not sure Is there any way some senior adviser can clarify this from home office?

This will save everybody from lot of hassle.

regards