ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will traveling outside the UK cancel my wife's pending EEA permit application?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maciek4523
Newly Registered
Poland

Will traveling outside the UK cancel my wife's pending EEA permit application?

Post by Maciek4523 » Thu May 30, 2019 12:26 pm

Hello everyone! My first post here, hope I'm not breaking any rules and posting in the right section. I am Polish national, my wife is Turkish. She came to the UK on the 6 months tourist visa, which has already expired, we got married here and in April we applied for EEA family permit. We have not had the decision yet. We have got a trip scheduled for next week, we are going to Turkey. The question is, if my wife leaves the UK, will it cancel her application? We know she will not be able to re-enter the UK without permit and we're ok with that, she can stay in Turkey with her family and join me when the permit comes, but we are not sure if leaving the UK affects the application. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Will traveling outside the UK cancel my wife's pending EEA permit application?

Post by seagul » Thu May 30, 2019 2:34 pm

Re-entry without visa will be impossible but to know that whether the application will be cancelled or not if the visa is in process then better to refer the acknowledgement letter which you might have received. But under UK route the applications is assumed as withdrawan which maybe not under EU route. Just refer to acknowledgement letter.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Re: Will traveling outside the UK cancel my wife's pending EEA permit application?

Post by Blacksea28 » Fri May 31, 2019 3:23 pm

Maciek4523 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:26 pm
Hello everyone! My first post here, hope I'm not breaking any rules and posting in the right section. I am Polish national, my wife is Turkish. She came to the UK on the 6 months tourist visa, which has already expired, we got married here and in April we applied for EEA family permit. We have not had the decision yet. We have got a trip scheduled for next week, we are going to Turkey. The question is, if my wife leaves the UK, will it cancel her application? We know she will not be able to re-enter the UK without permit and we're ok with that, she can stay in Turkey with her family and join me when the permit comes, but we are not sure if leaving the UK affects the application. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Better to wait for trip until you got decision. As you just married recently, later it will be difficult to obtain visa for your wife. They will ask for a lot of proof + visa processing time lines is longer in Turkey as TR is not an EU member state(A ot of application). If you have to travel in any way, before leaving the UK, you can apply for her 1 year polish D type of visa in Polish consulate in UK, With it, she will have possibility to travel within Schengen Area so in case she is stuck with UK visa while in Turkey, She can travel to Poland then apply for UK visa in Warsaw UK embassy.(Processing time is a week usually)