ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Husamettin2001
Newly Registered
Iraq

Tier 2 (General) documents

Post by Husamettin2001 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi,
I am on a sponsorship based Tier 2 general visa and working as a post-doc at Uni. Bristol. My 5 years continuous residency will be fulfilled by the end of June 2019 and I have to apply for ILR. University's HR service will prepare all required documents including P60s, payslips and letter from employer stating they require my work.
I took the LIUK test and an IELTS Lifeskill B1 and passed both.
Besides for a period of 6 months I worked at Uni Bristol. In 2017 for a period of 6 months I worked at the Newcastle University, then returned back to Uni Bristol. While leaving, Newcastle University provided me the P45 form and I have all original payslips for that time. My question is do I need to ask for any further document from Newcastle University for the 6 mos period in 2017? Do the documents from my current employer Uni. Bristol and, the P45 form and original payslips from Newcastle University are sufficient to demonstrate the continuous stay? (Of course I will provide other documents such as bank statements, council tax bill etc to Home Office)

Thank you very much in advance for your help
Husam

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 (General) documents

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:38 pm

ILR is based on continuous visa validity not necessarily continuous employment. So no need for letter from previous employer or even P45
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Husamettin2001
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Husamettin2001 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for your response.

One more question: do I need to ask Newcastle University for a document indicating my work-related absences for the 6 mos period I worked there?

Again thank you very much.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:49 am

Yes but I will not bother if they were fewer than 30 days. It will not be needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice