ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension for leave to remain - *when Tier 1 Submitted*

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

urgentr

Extension for leave to remain - *when Tier 1 Submitted*

Post by urgentr » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi,
First I would like to thank you all for your feedback.
Is it possible to file an extension for leave to remain when I have already
submitted the application for Tier 1 General.
I have submitted my Tier 1 and my company now wants to extend my leave to remain. I have not yet received the reference letter. Is it possible to Apply for extension of Leave to remain saying my passport is already in the UK border and immigration agency once I receive the reference letter for my tier 1 application.
Thanks in advance.
Regards

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Extension for leave to remain - *when Tier 1 Submitted*

Post by gotcha » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:48 pm

urgentr wrote:Hi,
First I would like to thank you all for your feedback.
Is it possible to file an extension for leave to remain when I have already
submitted the application for Tier 1 General.
I have submitted my Tier 1 and my company now wants to extend my leave to remain. I have not yet received the reference letter. Is it possible to Apply for extension of Leave to remain saying my passport is already in the UK border and immigration agency once I receive the reference letter for my tier 1 application.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
You need to withdraw T1 application ? to get back your passport. Why don't you tell not to apply for LTR, because, you are going to get T1.

urgentr

Re: Extension for leave to remain - *when Tier 1 Submitted*

Post by urgentr » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 pm

Hey,
Thanks verymuch for the quick reply buddy.

Just one more question. Suppose that I didnt apply for the extension for leave to remain and it so happens unfortunately that my Tier 1 is getting rejected after a month long verification process when my Leave to remain has already expired. Should it be possible to appeal for admin review by anychance or apply for an extension for leave to remain at that time.

I am goin thru a tough time yaar..

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:00 pm

If you receive a refusal on your Tier 1 application *after* expiry of your current leave, the refusal letter will mention if you have the right to appeal the UKBA decision, but you will not have the right to make another leave to remain application (e.g. - application as WP holder or a fresh Tier 1 application).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:55 pm

If the Tier 1 (General) application is still under consideration you can ask for the application to be 'varied' into a regular FLR(IED) application. This will save you the cost of withdrawing the case and re-submitting, I think they'll even refund the difference in fees (don't quote me on that though).
________
Headshop
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

urgentr

Post by urgentr » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:19 pm

Hey Thanks Man.
I couldnt find this info anywhere.