ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Naturalization based on marriage to an Irish Citizen with lost naturalization cert

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sammyzoe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Irish Naturalization based on marriage to an Irish Citizen with lost naturalization cert

Post by sammyzoe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 am

Hi,
Thank you for all the insights you guys have provided on this platform as its been helpful thus far.
I am married to an Irish citizen and I am a non-eea member resident in Eire. I am due to apply for naturalization but I am a little bit confused on one of the requirements which states that I need to submit proof of the basis on which my spouse became an Irish citizen.
My spouse became an Irish citizen on the basis of naturalization donkey years ago and she doesn't have her naturalization certificate anymore except her Irish passport.
Will her Irish passport suffice as proof or what can we do, I will appreciate your advice in this regards.

Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Irish Naturalization based on marriage to an Irish Citizen with lost naturalization cert

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:09 pm

She needs to write to INIS to request for a proof of naturalisation.

sammyzoe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Irish Naturalization based on marriage to an Irish Citizen with lost naturalization cert

Post by sammyzoe » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:54 pm

Thank you for your response.
Does she need to attach anything to the letter? or just a simple letter requesting a statement of her naturalization?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:29 pm

I’m not sure. Maybe just give as much detail as possible as to her full name, DOB, proof of address, copy of other ID (driving licence, Public Service card etc), and maybe attach a copy of her other passport if possible.

The citizeninformation website only says the following:
If your certificate of naturalisation is lost or stolen, you should write to the Citizenship Division of INIS...... You will not get a replacement certificate but instead you will be given a statement confirming your Irish citizenship. There is no fee for this service.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 pm

Details also used to be published on the iris oifigiuil.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors