ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Returns !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cancer
Newly Registered

Tax Returns !

Post by cancer » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:30 am

I have been a silent visitor to this site for a while and find it extremely useful for aspiring immigrants. I am also ready to apply for HSMP. However there is something I need to ask you guys. The company where I work deducts the tax on my salary and I dont pay it directly. So I dont have any proof of that except for my salary slips and employers letter. Would that suffice?
I'd appreciate a prompt response !
Thanx in advance.

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:46 pm

Cancer, from which country are you from...? Different countries have different rules. Some times it is individual responsibility to file the Tax returns. Companies deduct tax directly from employee salaries but they are not responsible for submission of individual tax returns though some companies facilitate employees by filing the Tax returns by candidates’ behalf.

It seems that your company deducted your tax from salary but you were not aware of the fact that you should ask the company if they facilitates you in tax returns, otherwise you should get the Salary Certificate from company with detailed salary and tax deduction spawning your taxation year and file your tax return.

Please check your local tax rules/tax return submission deadlines.

Square

Post by Square » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:52 pm

Cancer,

I figure your employer operates the equivalent of a PAYE system which is operational in the UK...where the employer deducts any tax payable before paying you.

The responsibility of remiting the tax then becomes that of the employer as they deducted it from source.

As far as you are concerned, your payslips show your taxed income and they, together with your employers letter, should be sufficient to support your claimed points for past income.

Square

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:25 am

Square, I think I saw somewhere on the board that there should be documents originating from at least 2 different sources. So I am not sure if two documents from the company will be ok. Perhaps a bank statement showing the amounts transferred or some document from government social security institution could be used as second source.
Cheers.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:10 am

You are right bugmaster,

It is almost the habit of HO caseworkers to ask the Tax returns if you have not submitted it along your application. Many of my friends have been asked by HO to submit Tax Returns even they have submitted their Bank Statements.