ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No recourse to public funds

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thevocalmonk
India

No recourse to public funds

Post by thevocalmonk » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi,

I'm in the UK on a Tier 2 General visa and my wife is a Tier 2 dependent. Her BRP states that she has no recourse to public funds.
My wife is a dancer and she is planning to apply for a grant from the Arts Council (the grant is funded by National Lottery). The Arts Council grant is considered to be a public fund.

With respect to the Tier 2 visa condition - "no recourse to public funds", are only benefits considered as a public fund?

What's the best source to confirm if this Arts Council grant will be considered as a public fund from an immigration point of view?

We have contacted Arts Council and whilst they confirmed that their grant is a public fund, they cannot comment on this from an immigration perspective.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No recourse to public funds

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.