ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit and work permission

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

splinter
Newly Registered

EEA family permit and work permission

Post by splinter » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:22 pm

I just want to double check if I can work on EEA family permit?

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EEA family permit and work permission

Post by NatCam » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm

You have the right to work, of course. The real problem is that not many are aware of this fact. After some time your employer will ask you for confiramation of your rights - either in a form of EEA residence card or pre-settled status.
However, you can ask your employer to verify your status, there is an online form on gov.uk site.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Technically you do not have right to work in first 6 months of EEA visa, if your employer will want to verfy it with home office, the answer will be you cannot... But if you convince your employer, they will be waiting a bit more for this verification until you apply to residence card etc.

But, when it comes to EU regulations, your partner has to be exercising treaty rights so then you can work and no one would punish you(Under UK law they would disagree that you can work but as EU is still a member of EU, no issue in case of any control)

And, about taking up job, you need to convince your employer, you can provide your EEA visa, marriage act, and a few link refering direct family member of an EU member do not require work permit etc.

splinter
Newly Registered

Post by splinter » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:37 pm

NatCam wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:06 pm
You have the right to work, of course. The real problem is that not many are aware of this fact. After some time your employer will ask you for confiramation of your rights - either in a form of EEA residence card or pre-settled status.
However, you can ask your employer to verify your status, there is an online form on gov.uk site.
As far as I know, I can work on it because my visa does not state work restriction I have told this where I have applied for the job but they are asking for a residence card.

splinter
Newly Registered

Post by splinter » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Blacksea28 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:27 pm
Technically you do not have right to work in first 6 months of EEA visa, if your employer will want to verfy it with home office, the answer will be you cannot... But if you convince your employer, they will be waiting a bit more for this verification until you apply to residence card etc.

But, when it comes to EU regulations, your partner has to be exercising treaty rights so then you can work and no one would punish you(Under UK law they would disagree that you can work but as EU is still a member of EU, no issue in case of any control)

And, about taking up job, you need to convince your employer, you can provide your EEA visa, marriage act, and a few link refering direct family member of an EU member do not require work permit etc.
I have applied for pre-settled status on the basis of a direct family member of an EEA national. I guess it is better to wait but I just want to get into depth whether one can work or cannot on an EEA family permit.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:42 pm

splinter wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:

I have applied for pre-settled status on the basis of a direct family member of an EEA national. I guess it is better to wait but I just want to get into depth whether one can work or cannot on an EEA family permit.
Under UK law, you cannot work with first 6 months of EEA visa, you can call HO and ask they will confirm this to you.

However, under EU regulations, you can in some certain conditions. It is up to your EEA spouse, your status is not important but if your wife is exercising treaty rights(working, registered as job seeker in job center or self sufficient or studying) then you can also work according to EU regulations. You need to convince your employer somehow.

splinter
Newly Registered

Post by splinter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 pm

Blacksea28 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:42 pm
splinter wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm
Blacksea28 wrote:

Under UK law, you cannot work with first 6 months of EEA visa, you can call HO and ask they will confirm this to you.

However, under EU regulations, you can in some certain conditions. It is up to your EEA spouse, your status is not important but if your wife is exercising treaty rights(working, registered as job seeker in job center or self sufficient or studying) then you can also work according to EU regulations. You need to convince your employer somehow.
Thank you very much for your response. I have received my pre-settled yesterday.