ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Set O ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YusufSB
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Set O ILR

Post by YusufSB » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 am

Hello,

My current visa is under Tier 2 General route and I will be eligible to apply for my ILR in JUly 2019, when I complete my 5 years. I have changed my employer (sponsor) once after 3.5 years. I understand I need to get 2 documents from my current employer 1. to show that i am still needed for my current job and SOC and salary. 2. To confirm my travel outside of UK was part of my annual leave allowance.
My question is - do I need to get the letter for travel evidence from my previous employer as well ? I have already contacted them to provide this to be on safe side, but they have refused saying that they only provide this letter to current employees and not previous employees. I can provide evidence of my contract and clearly show that my days outside the UK were within my annual leave allowance, as an alternative for the letter, but I am concerned if this will have any risk to my ILR application? While working for my previous employer, I was outside of the UK only twice : once for 18 days and once for 12 days in the same calender year) but different holiday calender's (as per the company policy for my previous employer).
Request your advise on this, since this is holding back my application. Many thanks in advance

YusufSB
Newly Registered

ILR - Employer letter to evidence travel history

Post by YusufSB » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Hello,

My current visa is under Tier 2 General route and I will be eligible to apply for my ILR in JUly 2019, when I complete my 5 years. I have changed my employer (sponsor) once after 3.5 years. I understand I need to get 2 documents from my current employer 1. to show that i am still needed for my current job and SOC and salary. 2. To confirm my travel outside of UK was part of my annual leave allowance.
My question is - do I need to get the letter for travel evidence from my previous employer as well ? [/u]I have already contacted them to provide this to be on safe side, but they have refused saying that they only provide this letter to current employees and not previous employees. I can provide evidence of my contract and clearly show that my days outside the UK were within my annual leave allowance, as an alternative for the letter, but I am concerned if this will have any risk to my ILR application? While working for my previous employer, I was outside of the UK only twice : once for 18 days and once for 12 days in the same calender year) but different holiday calender's (as per the company policy for my previous employer).
Request your advise on this, since this is holding back my application. Many thanks in advance

silverocks
Bangladesh

Re: Tier 2 Set O ILR

Post by silverocks » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:00 am

Hi

I didn't give any letters from my previous employers, I went 4 times out of UK with my previous employer. I only used my current employers letters. Just mention those holidays on the form that's it. As long as your absence is within your annual limit you don't need to worry.