ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

pls Help Dependant Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruka
Newly Registered

pls Help Dependant Query

Post by ruka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:49 am

I am planning to apply under Tier 1 (General) from outside UK.
I have three dependents, my wife and two kids.

I can show maintenance fund only for myself. So I am planning to apply only for my self first and would apply for the dependents in about six seven month down the line when I am in the UK.

My concerns are

1. When I apply for the dependents, I need to submit the passports of them.
Does it mean, I should get separate passports for the kids. Would it be ok to include them in the wife's passport. If I include them in my passport how should I deal, would I be able to send my passport down to my country for applying for the kids while I am in the UK.

2. How long does it usually take for the dependents visa to be processed.

3. What's the procedure like to apply for the dependents when I am in the UK

Can you guys please response ?

Thanks a lot in advance

arsenalsri

Post by arsenalsri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:07 am

No you cannot include your kids in your wife's passport. They need to have their own separate passports.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Please note this:
PBS Appendix 1 General Migrant self-assessment form wrote:You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant accompanying you or intending to join you in the UK within 12 months of your arrival in the UK.
1. Answer already available to you (as above).
2. Only local BHC in your home country can tell.
3. Application process is the same and is independent of whether your in UK or outside, so check with your local BHC. But once you are in UK, you'll need to provide evidence of income and accommodation - in addition other documentary evidence that your local BHC presctibes for dependent applications.

Please check with local BHC in your country for specific details.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ruka
Newly Registered

Should I include the dpendents in vaf9(Main applicant form)

Post by ruka » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks a lot arsenalsri for your reply
Thanks a lot sushdmehta.

This forum is very very helpful. I was just about to include my kids in my wife's pass port. Thanks a lot.

I have a few more questions.

a) Current,y I have supporting fund only for myself. And I would be able to show supporting fund for the dependents only after being in the UK.
So, When I am applying for myself first, should I include the dependents details in my form (vaf9)

b) Can I apply for the dependents while I am in the UK without coming to my country.

c) Can the supporting fund for my dependents be in a bank account of mine (Main applicant) or should it be in the accounts of each dependent individually.

d) In the dependent application form , he/she needs to put the signature. Can we leave it blank for the kids who are too small or should we get them to put some form of a finger print on vaf10 application

Thanks a lot in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:56 pm

a) Apply common sense, after following instructions on the form.
b) The dependent application has to be made by your dependents and not you. So you don't need to travel from UK.
c) Either.
d) common sense

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vkm81
Newly Registered

Post by vkm81 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:29 am

Hi,
I was thinking of applying EC for myself and my wife. How ever me being a dependent, I maintained my funds in UK bank account. Its taking for ever for the statements to reach India from UK(I have tried express courier(£52.00) belive me it never worked and I am still waiting for them). After the recent 7 days clause I couldn't apply just because I am not having my up to date bank statements.

Rather than waiting for my bank statements I am thinking to apply for my wifes EC first, as all her documents are ready.

My question is, Say my wife gets her EC in a months time. If I apply my dependent application after that, is it necessary that the principle applicant has to be in UK before a dependent can make an application for EC??? I know it sounds silly but as you all know in India VFS and BHC follow their own set of rules.

What can we possibly explain to BHC, as to why the dependent has not applied with the principle applicant? Can some one please help?

All inputs will be highly appreciated!

Regards
vkm81

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:05 pm

vkm81 wrote: If I apply my dependent application after that, is it necessary that the principle applicant has to be in UK before a dependent can make an application for EC???
No, it is not necessary for main applicant to be in UK for dependents to apply for EC.
If main applicant is already in UK, then you might have to provide documents for main applicant's residence proof/job details(if she has got job when u r applying) , that accommodation is available for all applicants, etc.
What can we possibly explain to BHC, as to why the dependent has not applied with the principle applicant?
It is not mandatory to explain, but a small (genuine) note would not harm your application (for example you were waiting for maintenance proof period, etc.) But it is entirely your discretion to explain or not, and I dont think not explaining would be harmful.

And BTW, why would any main applicant make dependent application together? Any risk neutral person would wait for his application to be approved before applying for dependents (unless he/she is absolutely certain that he wont lose dependents' 51k fees even if his application is rejected). In summary it is wise for main applicant to only apply for himself/herself first and then apply for dependents.