ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for EEA family permit when both not in Europe

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gerkema

Apply for EEA family permit when both not in Europe

Post by Gerkema » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:15 am

Hi me and my girlfriend are planning to get married on Fiji in August this year. After the wedding we will be travelling through Australia (where we are currently living together) for 2 weeks, before moving to the UK. She will first visit her parents in Russia and apply for an EEA Family Permit in St Petersburg, where I will fly to London to find residence. I do have a job offer already in London, but no bank account no NI number, no residence, nothing.

My question is, can she already apply for an EEA permit from Russia before joining me in the UK even if I am still in search for accomodation? The form asks for a UK address which obviously we don't have. Or does she have to wait until I receive my first payment and have found accomodation? We'd prefer searching for accomodation together.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Apply for EEA family permit when both not in Europe

Post by 86ti » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:30 am

Gerkema wrote:Hi me and my girlfriend are planning to get married on Fiji in August this year. After the wedding we will be travelling through Australia (where we are currently living together) for 2 weeks, before moving to the UK. She will first visit her parents in Russia and apply for an EEA Family Permit in St Petersburg, where I will fly to London to find residence. I do have a job offer already in London, but no bank account no NI number, no residence, nothing.

My question is, can she already apply for an EEA permit from Russia before joining me in the UK even if I am still in search for accomodation? The form asks for a UK address which obviously we don't have. Or does she have to wait until I receive my first payment and have found accomodation? We'd prefer searching for accomodation together.
We didn't have an address either when we applied and left this part simply out. When we came to the UK we gave the immigration officer at the airport our hotel address. You can still write a cover letter with your application and explain your situation. I believe the most important point is that you have the job offer.

Why does your future wife want to apply from St. Peterburg? I suppose since you are resident in Australia you can do it there. I cannot see why the short stay in Russia should make any difference. And my wife would certainly not recommend applying from within Russia...