ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

legacy case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

legacy case

Post by aziz liddawi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:03 am

i came to England in 2001 with visitor visa.In January 2002 i claimed asylum seeker application witch was refused in March 2002. I appealed against it but, unfortunately it was dismissed either in the same year [2002].In December 2002 i met my husband with whom i have been living since then.i got one son from him,both of them are british citizen.I let you know that my home country is Algeria.On 4th January 2008 i got married to my husband under the English law [register office].Each month i am reporting to the immigration office.I submitted various further application on the basis of marriage but all were refused.On October 2007 I submitted a fresh claim human right application with no reply so far. In June 2008 I received a letter from the HO telling that my case is considered as a legacy case and it has been located to the case resolution team who is Liverpool 8 .my question is.

is my case has been considered as a Family legacy case or not?

plz could someone tell me what are my chances of getting a status?

all replies would be gratefully appreciated. thankx a lot.

Post by 4444 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:55 am

hie
i think you have very high chances of getting ILR since you are married to a british citizen and have a family life here. also there are new caselaws which will make your legacy case stronger since you are married to a settled person. have you got a solicitor . if not i would advice you to make representations to your MP including the three caselaws below. that way your case will be dealt quicker. i am not sure if your case is a family legacy case but i would imagine so. basically the 3caselaws below is telling HO not to break families by sending a spouse abroad to get entry clearance. these caselaws will be very helpful to your legacy case.

good luck

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2008/40.html
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2008/41.html
http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKHL/2008/39.html

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

Post by aziz liddawi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:28 pm

hi,4444

I was very impressed to read your reply to me. thank you very much

aziz liddawi
Newly Registered

Post by aziz liddawi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:29 pm

hi,4444

could you plz help me how to make a representation to my MP including the three caselaws shawn above

Post by 4444 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:32 pm

deleted