ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a Tier 2(General) holder apply for a Long Term Visitor Visa for Parents?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Can a Tier 2(General) holder apply for a Long Term Visitor Visa for Parents?

Post by Dheerajitsme » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:34 am

Hi All,

I am on Tier 2(General)(expiring August 2019) and wife is on separate Tier 2(General)(expiring June 2020). I have 1 year left for my ILR to apply and my wife has 3 years left for ILR to apply. We would like to apply for a 10 years long term visitor visa for my wife's parents who live in India. They have visited us once before on a 6 month visa.

Is it fine for us to apply for a 10 years long term visa for them? If so how can we justify the need for them to apply for a 10 year visitor visa? The reason I can think of is they would like to visit and stay with their daughter and family (including a grandson) on a regular basis. They would also like to visit places and things of interest around United Kingdom. They have a house and savings in India which we can provide as proof that they will adhere to the 180 days rule during the 10 years. We have a house here in UK and can prove that we can support them financially here. Will this be sufficient? Is it ok for them to apply for a 10 year visa or is it better for them to again go for a 6 months visa?

The only reason I am a bit afraid is both of us are still on Tier 2 General and it is also expiring soon.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards,
Dheeraj.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can a Tier 2(General) holder apply for a Long Term Visitor Visa for Parents?

Post by katanayi » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:45 am

where did you get idea of 10 years visitor visa?
any officiall link would be appreciated

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Can a Tier 2(General) holder apply for a Long Term Visitor Visa for Parents?

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:50 am

Don’t waste your time, money or effort applying for long term visas. Until they have a reasonable travel and return history for the UK and other first world countries it will just not be entertained.

A least another 6 month only application before you attempt even a 2 year visa.

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dheerajitsme » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:06 pm

katanayi wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:45 am
where did you get idea of 10 years visitor visa?
any officiall link would be appreciated
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... march-2019

Above link has the details of the Fees. Just thinking that it would be better to get the long term visa at once as the documentation is same for all visitor visas.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:12 pm

It is not about price it is about getting refused then the uphill struggle thereafter ever to get to visit visa.
Until they have a bomb proof travel history of returning home it just will not be considered.

Dheerajitsme
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dheerajitsme » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:56 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:12 pm
It is not about price it is about getting refused then the uphill struggle thereafter ever to get to visit visa.
Until they have a bomb proof travel history of returning home it just will not be considered.
Ok. Thanks Frontier. Will apply for 6 months visa this time. May be 2 or 5 year next time.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:06 am

Be wary of two things - declare and stick to the visit period. If it is 3 months stay not a day longer. If you state 6 months which you are entitled to do, then that will not fit well if you try to then get a 2 year visa next time. It is about perception- are they trying to stay in the UK for the maximum period then there is the subjectivity of that is one step away from being potentially overstayers.
The older the person the more that thought process becomes embedded.