ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time Child Passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ck1985
Newly Registered
South Africa

First time Child Passport application

Post by Ck1985 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi All, I’m getting conflicting answers. Was just wondering if someone experienced the following scenario:
I’ve applied for my daughter’s passport on 8th May and it all came up on the tracker as received with estimated issue date 10 June. However, regarding the supporting documents, I’ve stupidly sent in a certified true copy of my passport and GNIB cards (proving an aggregate 3 of the 4 years residency in order for my daughter to get an Irish passport). So after realizing I was supposed to send in my original passport, I contacted the Passport Office in Dublin explaining to them that I’ve made a mistake. The woman on the phone told me to hold on as she was to verify it with someone else and she told me it shouldn’t be a problem (the certified true copies), but everywhere else states it should be the original passport of the parent. I haven’t received a phone call from Passport Office yet and the progress bar is nearly complete stating “processing application”. Did they just go on to accept the certified copies or will they call to request the original passport? I’m very confused