ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reentry on leave on entry stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Reentry on leave on entry stamp

Post by Parsnip07 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 am

Hi all, I am a UK passport holder and my Argentinian girlfriend is in the UK on a 6 month leave of entry stamp until the end of July. I want to take her to Barcelona for a 5 day trip at the end of June. When we return, will she still be ok to continue her stay in the UK until the end of July? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Reentry on leave on entry stamp

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 am

How long did you girlfriend state she would stay in the UK on entry to the UK?

Did she declare your relationship as a reason for her visit to the Immigration Officer at UK Border Control?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Parsnip07 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:47 am

Hi, yes she advised she was staying with me for 6 months for purposes of tourism. She has funds and I also provided a letter of invitation. She is still leaving the UK at the end of July to return to Argentina, but the short break in Barcelona is a birthday gift from me. Thanks

Parsnip07
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Parsnip07 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Just in case this question comes up again. I phoned the Border Force who advised me the re-entry would be treated as another application to enter and the previous leave on entry stamp would not count. They said that at border control they would ask the same questions as when my gf arrived such as purpose, exit tickets, funds, accommodation etc. There is no guarantee as it is the discretion of the officer she sees at the airport. However, they didn’t think it would be an issue but there are no guarantees. Pretty inconsistent if it’s up to the individual Immigration Official. Guess we shall have to keep our fingers crossed 🙄