ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP EXtention ??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rmansuri

HSMP EXtention ??

Post by rmansuri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:36 pm

Hiya All,

I am about to apply HSMP Extention soon. I am not sure which document i have to attach with my application.

Could anyone please help me out please?

One more thing i have not sure about bank balance. some website say last three month i have to keep £800. some say just £800 when you do application..which is right ?? or is there anything else?

I have check my balance and i found for out of three month one week i had around £300 as balance .. if this is the case what should i have to do?:shock:

Thanks in advance for your comments. :roll:

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:43 pm

I believe there are many replies around this question. If you look around the forum you will find so many useful answers instead of starting a new thread.

Also if you look at the guidance documents, it clearly explain what you need to do. I wud suggest go through the doc patiently and you wud get all your answers.

rmansuri

Post by rmansuri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Jackie123 wrote:I believe there are many replies around this question. If you look around the forum you will find so many useful answers instead of starting a new thread.

Also if you look at the guidance documents, it clearly explain what you need to do. I wud suggest go through the doc patiently and you wud get all your answers.
Could you point me out on any thread or any document please?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:01 pm

If your HSMP approval was granted before Dec-06 changes were implemented (guess so, if your extension is due in Sep.08 ), then keep an eye on the UKBA website next week. Forms / guidance for people affected by the recent HSMP JR is expected to be published next week.

If your HSMP approval was granted after Dec 06 changes, then see Extending your stay and read Tier 1 policy guidance

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Does that mean they are now changing the forms as per the JR. Then it sound like a good news.

rmansuri

Post by rmansuri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:18 pm

Hello ,

I am on HSMP Visa since Sept - 2006. This September my visa is due for extension for three year. I was surfing on net for how to make application for it and found mix response so i thought better to ask forum. I have got couples of doubt to be clear.

firstly, As i got visa before Dec-2006 so do I have (eligible) to apply for old criteria. if yes could you please guide me which document i have to enclose with my application?

secondly, In any case of my application how much bank balance should i have to show? as i am not sure about this.

lastly, how many day before i can apply ?

I will be highly appreciated if you could guide me with this or like to make any further comment on it.

Thanks very much in advance,

Regards,
R Mansuri
Last edited by rmansuri on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi,

Answers to all the questions you have mentioned are available in the forum.

1.) If you have enough points for Tier-1, then why this question. There is no different form or set of docs. fo rpeople who recd HSMP before Dec 2006. It is the same. The only different thing you can do is to mentiona bout the JR in the covering letter. About what docs., check guidance it clearly mentions what you need to do and how and what docs? Please don't reply on others for answer without doing some homework. No offences!

2.) The answer to this also available in guidance very clearly and discussed so so many times in forum. For main (in UK) applicant £800 for 3 months. Your balance should always be £800 continously in the 3 months prior to submission of your application.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:12 pm

I believe users on the forum are blessed with good eyesight, so you don't need to use the bold typeface for your entire message.

As I have mentioned earlier, the new set of forms and/or guidance is expected to be published by the UKBA next week. This new guidelines and/or forms will be specifically for people who received their HSMP approval before the Dec-06 rules were implemented.

It is not expected that maintenance funds will be a requirement for extension for this group of people, but don't take my word for it and wait for the information to be published next week.

You can apply for extension within 28 days of your current leave expiring and the application *must* reach UKBA office before your visa expiry date.

You have time on your hands, so be patient and wait for the new information to come out.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s_ram
Newly Registered

Post by s_ram » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:38 pm

Hi, My initial 2 years HSMP visa is expiring in end of Sept-08. Now as I have to apply for extension thru Tier 1 (General), I need some clarification from hsmp experts on the below queries:

1. There was no english language requirement when I applied for HSMP in Aug-2006. Currently in the self assesment tool my Engineering degree qualification is listed. Still do I need to write IELTS or not?

2. Also while filling up the self assesment tool I am a bit confused on whether to say yes or no to this question:

Question: Are you already in the United Kingdom under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (with permission to stay that relates to an application for an HSMP approval letter issued under the immigration rules in place from 5 December 2006)?

Eventhough I am in HSMP my initial approval is before 05th Dec 2006.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
S Ram

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Duplicate post
s_ram wrote:Hi, My initial 2 years HSMP visa is expiring in end of Sept-08. Now as I have to apply for extension thru Tier 1 (General), I need some clarification from hsmp experts on the below queries:

1. There was no english language requirement when I applied for HSMP in Aug-2006. Currently in the self assesment tool my Engineering degree qualification is listed. Still do I need to write IELTS or not?

2. Also while filling up the self assesment tool I am a bit confused on whether to say yes or no to this question:

Question: Are you already in the United Kingdom under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (with permission to stay that relates to an application for an HSMP approval letter issued under the immigration rules in place from 5 December 2006)?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
S Ram
My friend, some useful information for you here.

You need to read the guidance carefully in an effort to understand the rules. If you do that, simple questions won't confuse you. Anyhow, make an effort to search the forum because answers to your queries are already available.

regards

mohdh

Post by mohdh » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi Ram,

You dont have to prove english language requirement and maintenance funds or points requirement if you came before 5th Dec as per the other forum.

Mohd

[quote="s_ram"]Hi, My initial 2 years HSMP visa is expiring in end of Sept-08. Now as I have to apply for extension thru Tier 1 (General), I need some clarification from hsmp experts on the below queries:

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
S Ram[/quote]

thaman

Post by thaman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:30 pm

hi

As mentioned above....UKBA is expected to put up guidelines for HSMP extensions for Pre nov 2006 people in the week of 7th July 2008. And as per the JR....the old rules have to be considered. Therefore:

1. no english requirement.
2.no maintenance funds
3. no points.

However, it is still to be seen how UKBA comes out with implementation. So, wait for couple of more day. also, it is always good to show sufficient funds for last 3-4 months (say around 2500+ pounds) whenever going for extension irrespective of old or new rule....it gives some credibility to the application...thats my opinion...

s_ram
Newly Registered

Post by s_ram » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:38 am

Thanks very much to both of you, mohdh and thaman.