ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vehicle Registration Foreign National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Vehicle Registration Foreign National

Post by blastbass » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello all,

I kinda try to wrap my head around this case as it's very confusing. So my wife is from a Visa required national country but lived in Austria for 24 years. Few days ago her C Visa made under the free movement directive has been granted so thats sorted. Due to the fact that she couldn't get a flight where her 2 cats are permitted she booked the Ferry to Rosslare and takes her car with her.

So now it's interessting how the whole vehicle registration process is working. It lists the PPS Number as a requirement BUT as she needs to apply for Immigration permit that's simply not there and won't be there within 30 days after arrival due to reasons of INIS EU Treaty Application delays. And also with her Visa she doesn't have the permit to stay yet. In theory she needs to leave after 90 days again. So do you guys have any Idea how this is gonna work?

Car is registered in Austria so it comes from inside the EU.

Any help woud be appreciated.