ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For those who have successfully migrated (anywhere)

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

For those who have successfully migrated (anywhere)

Post by Wizard of Oz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 am

For those who have made that big move and migrated, can you share your stories?

How were you able to develop friends and networks? (I heard that going to your church was a good idea to make new friends.. any other ideas?)

How easy or hard was it to find places to live in?

Are you free to choose any school for your kids? In the US, my cousin tells me that you may enroll your children in public schools only within your district. Would this hold true for Australia?

My cousin also says, the best time to migrate/arrive (for those with kids like me) would be during the summer season in Australia, as the schools are on break and this would be less stress for me to find a school to enroll them at once. Sort of also to give the kids time to settle down first (and take them around before school starts) in their new environment. And to give us (parents) time to settle down and find place to live in and work, without stressing out on the schools to put the kids in, the moment we land.

Any other useful tips would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks!

Wizard =D