ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Application on .Gov Website - Help Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smithy101
England

Spouse Visa Application on .Gov Website - Help Please

Post by smithy101 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:00 am

Hi,

I have had a pretty rough time lately basically paid "immigration lawyers" a significant amount of money to help apply for settlement visas for my Husband and Son to join me in the UK. Here I am 7 weeks later and two incorrect forms later. The final straw was them urging me to use Visa4UK - website if fine when completing the form, however will not generate any appointments for me. I have tried various time over the last four days, pretty much every hour on the hour! The lawyers just want me to keep on trying and I would rather, at this stage, use an alternative.

Anyway, I have finally decided to take the plunge and apply myself using the .gov website, but I do need a little help on the questions that I am unsure of:-

I was informed by the UK Visa and Immigration I would need to complete two forms, one for my Husband and one for my Son.

Husband

I used the form as if I were my Husband applying (applying on his behalf)

Q: Why do you not live with Smithy101?
A: Wife resident in the UK ..... would this answer suffice. Not sure if it is a trick question. Would "Smithy101 resident in the UK" be better?

I do not own the property that we all intend to live in, my mother rents it (permission letters etc have been obtained) so I have answered the following questions like so:-

Q: Does Smithy101 own this property
A: No

Select which option applies: They do not own it, but live there with someone else.

I then go on to list my Mothers details.

Son

Q: Do Father and Smithy101 live together?
A: No, Smithy101 resident in the UK.

Again, repeats the question of not owning the property and putting in my Mothers details.

Q: How much do Father and Smithy101 spned on living costs a month in GBP?
Does this really make any difference, I currently support my Husband and Son at the moment as he is a stay at home dad - therefore, unemployed. I put a generic amount of 900GBP per month.

Does anyone rely on Smithy101 for support (do not include dependents you have already given us details about) ... would i use this section to inform them that my Husband and Son rely on me for support? Again it asks how much per month (I cover School Fees, Rent, Food Etc) but have no rental agreements etc, just Revolut Card statements where I top up the card for him to use as necessary.

Finally, the website says I need to sign up at the tiscontact.com website saying "If you do not create an account on the Teleperformance website, this will delay your appointment at the Visa application centre, however I cannot sign up to the website due to the fact that Jamaica is not listed when it asks "Please choose the location where you are going to submit your visa application (location of your appointment)".

Any help at this stage would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

smithy101
England

Re: Spouse Visa Application on .Gov Website - Help Please

Post by smithy101 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:34 pm

anyone please ....

SeanYX
Newly Registered
China

Post by SeanYX » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:00 pm

I am an ordinary applicant (sponsor) as you applying for family visa so for your question I can only advise what I filled in if I encounter the same question.
Q: Why do you not live with Smithy101?
A: Wife resident in the UK ..... would this answer suffice. Not sure if it is a trick question. Would "Smithy101 resident in the UK" be better?
I just use the latter one to avoid any confusion - although there should not be.
Q: Does Smithy101 own this property
A: No

Select which option applies: They do not own it, but live there with someone else.
I am in different situation so don't know about the option. You probably need to check the accommodation requirement.
Q: Do Father and Smithy101 live together?
A: No, Smithy101 resident in the UK.
I don't see a problem here.
Q: How much do Father and Smithy101 spned on living costs a month in GBP?
Does this really make any difference, I currently support my Husband and Son at the moment as he is a stay at home dad - therefore, unemployed. I put a generic amount of 900GBP per month.
I put a similar number as you. But my application only asks how much is my living cost (as a sponsor) but not asking both people (both applicant and sponsor).
Does anyone rely on Smithy101 for support (do not include dependents you have already given us details about) ... would i use this section to inform them that my Husband and Son rely on me for support? Again it asks how much per month (I cover School Fees, Rent, Food Etc) but have no rental agreements etc, just Revolut Card statements where I top up the card for him to use as necessary.
I just put how much money I sent to them for supporting them.
Finally, the website says I need to sign up at the tiscontact.com website saying "If you do not create an account on the Teleperformance website, this will delay your appointment at the Visa application centre, however I cannot sign up to the website due to the fact that Jamaica is not listed when it asks "Please choose the location where you are going to submit your visa application (location of your appointment)".
I think Jamaica has VFS center. Check the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/jm/en/how-to-apply

Hopes this helps and good luck!

smithy101
England

Post by smithy101 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Very helpful - Thank you so much.