ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employment spouse visa help required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sha106
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Self employment spouse visa help required

Post by Sha106 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi guys this is my first post so please bear with me.

I’m a British born resident who's currently a student at university. I have been working part time up until recently when I left to get married abroad in Bangladesh (mid April 2019).

I came back to the uk earlier this month and have decided to take a gap year to work full time as a taxi driver to meet the financial requirements to bring my partner over. I will be starting my self employed job from next week (mid June 2019). Ive read a lot of conflicting information regarding the evidence I need to provide for the 12 months before applying.

Hypothetically if I was earning the correct amount each month, would I be able to apply for my partner to come over at the end of the financial year (April 2020) bear in mind I would start self employment from June 2019 so for a total of 10 months ?

Or would I need to work to June 2020 to provide full 12 months evidence before applying ?

Or would I need to wait to April 2020, work 12 months to April 2021 and then apply as I didn’t start my self employment from the start of this financial year (April 2019) ?

If someone could please shine some light on this for me please. It would be great help !

Thank you

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Self employment spouse visa help required

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:51 pm

For Self employment, must submit CT600 which is 12months or full financial year , in ur case june2020. There are number of rejections with out CT600.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Self employment spouse visa help required

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:47 pm

Also bear in mind your earnings as self employed is your net profit. It is a hard way to get your earnings being a taxi driver.
You are in a much better / quicker route getting a PAYE roll for six months that meets the requirements.