ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukt2querys
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Tier 2 change of employer

Post by ukt2querys » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Re : Tier 2 General

Hi,

If I just recently extended my visa but have not yet received the BRP card, can I apply to switch sponsor before the previous BRP arrives ? I have the decision letter with me. Can I send that to them with a covering letter ? I have already waited several weeks after the 10 working days it should take for the BRP to arrive, but I dont know if i can wait indefinitely for it. Any suggestions ?

Second query is regarding travel. With the approval letter can I travel ?

Third query is that is there anyone I can escalate the BRP not arrived issue to ? I have sent emails to all the relevant teams, used the link on gov.uk, still no luck.

Any help will be appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 change of employer

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

1. Should be fine. Shame to have to pay visa and IHS gain when you have just extended your visa.

2. No, it is afterll just a letter. You need your brp card to travel.

3. Keep trying. Contact DX couriers to ask if they have anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukt2querys
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Tier 2 change of employer

Post by ukt2querys » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:53 pm

Thanks for the response. Yes its unfortunate that IHS cost would have to be paid again although I have heard that they do give refunds to the original account which paid it the first time.

I called up the helpline number a couple of times few days ago - 03001232241 where I was given contradictory responses each time. One time someone said that I should wait for the BRP and the other time they said its ok. You don't need to wait. So I was really confused. Generally companies also feel comfortable if you apply with the card in hand.
There is a question in the application form which does ask if you have the card. There is an option to say you don't have it. But there is no place there to explain the reason to them.

The reason for the delay in printing of the card is due to the new system of national insurance numbers being required for printing. The DWP are taking time to confirm the number. But even so, the number of days that have passed is quite unbelievable. Why would it take so long for them to confirm just one number?
There is no accountable person to contact and the only option is to just wait.

Can we contact DX even if we don't have any reference number ?

Regarding the travel query, I read somewhere that you could travel and ask for reprinting of this card from overseas and show them the letter ? Surely in case of something urgent there has to be a way for someone to travel ? Especially if the approval letter has been given ?