ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

While on Tier 2 visa mistakenly put director of another company by accountant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skengineer
Newly Registered
India

While on Tier 2 visa mistakenly put director of another company by accountant

Post by skengineer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:09 am

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General Sponsorship visa since 2014 and my ILR is due in two months. My employer has two companies one of which he has sponsored me (IT company take it as Company A) and another company (Recruitment company take it as company B). He has one accountant who is managing both companies account. There was a director on Company B with same name I have. His accountant did a mistake in 2018 that he appointed me as a director in company B with different occupation without my knowledge and consent. He came to know about that mistake after one week when I got a letter at my house from the company house that I have been appointed as director of company B. So I informed him immediately and he accepted his mistake and he terminated me on the same day of the appointment.

I didn't work in company B and not have any salary or shares as well, my question is will this impact on my ILR application even if my appointment and resignation are on the same date. My only worry is that as I am an IT consultant and he put me Electronic Engineer in directorship.

Did anybody have same situation? How serious it is?

For ILR application, do I have to apply myself or to apply through a solicitor? Do I have to inform in my application about this?

Also, it would be highly appreciated if you could guide me

Regards,
sk