ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility "TIER 2 Partner" to "PBS Dependent"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masujath
Newly Registered
India

ILR Eligibility "TIER 2 Partner" to "PBS Dependent"

Post by masujath » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 am

Hello Everyone.
Hope someone could help me clarify this.
There is a slight confusion around my ILR eligibility based on my current circumstances.

These are the visas that I held in the last 5 Years.

18-Jun-2014 to 14-Nov-2016 -> VISA TIER 2 Partner
17-Oct-2016 to 17-10-2019 -> PBS Dependent Leave to Remain

In 2016 my wife got ILR and my visa status changed to PBS dependent when I went for a renewal.
The clarification required here is whether the change to “PBS Dependent” resets the clock and do I have to complete the whole 5 years as PBS dependent?
Or does the initial 2.5 years period during which I held the “VISA Tier 2 Partner” can be counted towards the 5 years period required for ILR eligibility?

I couldn't find this specific situation documented in the home office guidelines and wanted to pick the brain of the ever helpful immigrationboard forums.
Thanks in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Eligibility "TIER 2 Partner" to "PBS Dependent"

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:11 am

They are both the same visa categories.

PBS dependent is a tier 2 dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.