ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification of some Referee Professions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ehsanze
Newly Registered

Clarification of some Referee Professions

Post by ehsanze » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi, I'm currently in the process of filling the form for UK citizenship and more particularly at the Referees section. As you know, one of the referees needs to have what is known as "Professional Standing".

I've found the list of acceptable professions here: https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-pass ... ignatories

Some of the professions there are a bit vague. Could someone here help me by clarifying what they exactly refer to?

These are the professions in question:
  • Director/Manager/Personnel officer of a VAT registered company
  • Manager or personnel officer of a limited company
When they say Manager, does it mean anyone in a large company who has the word manager in their job title?

For example, lets say you work in a big tech company with thousands of employees. If you know someone that manages around 10 people there and has Manager in their job title, does that count?

Similarly, with Personnel officer. What do they mean by this?

Thanks

luhpaoli
United Kingdom

Re: Clarification of some Referee Professions

Post by luhpaoli » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi,

When it says Director/Manager/Personnel officer of a VAT registered company is the person that when you search at companies house it shows the person role as a Director etc.
I would say the one for limited company is the same thing.