ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Alagomeji

EC question

Post by Alagomeji » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:35 pm

Are we going to have to submit our passports when we apply for EC? It seems the EC takes a while in some countries, and I travel quite a bit where I work (I'm out of town at the moment as a matter of fact)
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:09 pm

I can see the difficulty but ..... Entry Clearance is a sticker put into the passport! So unless you surrender your passport with the application they can't possibly agree to grant it.

Square

Post by Square » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:47 pm

Alagomeji,

I'm afraid you might have to put off some travel plans if you have to get that EC sticker into your passport as you can't have one without the other!

square

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:49 am

Alagomeji,

its not that bad really. in some countries it only takes a day if you go in person. just find out how it is like in your own country. also you dont have to apply for EC straight away, you can plan the date of your application around your trips. if you get on the british embassy/ high commissions website you should get most of the information on how to submit and the average turnaround times (these are more accurate than the hsmp ones), also in some countries you can now fill in the forms online and you will be told which documents to submit with yuour passport, this apparantely speeds up the process