ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Spouse Visa Online Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kay101
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

New Spouse Visa Online Application

Post by Kay101 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello everyone
Can someone please assist me on certain information about the new online application using the gov.uk website.
I recently applied for a spouse visa. I filled in the online application form which had 7 stages:
•Start
•Application
•Finance
•Documents
•Declaration
•Pay
•Further actions
After which I uploaded supporting documents online and went for biometrics.
I'm now coming across an Appendix 2 financial documentation form which most applicants seem to submit along with supporting documents. All the questions on this form I already answered on the 'Finance' stage of my application but somehow I am really worried that I might have left out a really important document. Is anyone aware if the appendix 2 is included in the new online application or you just have to repeat the questions and submit the document alongside the application. Nothing on the gov.uk had mentioned I need this form.

Please assist

I also received an email yesterday confirming documents had been received. As compared to emails others have posted on this forum, my email does not mention anything about appendix 2.

Email received:
Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Applicants from TLS locations may still send their supporting documents to the following address until further notice (they should include a suitably sized self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage for return of the documents):

Sheffield Visa Section
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the submission date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
If you have paid for Priority Service we aim to complete your application within 6 weeks of your submission date. If it is not possible to complete your application within this timeframe a member of our team will contact you to explain why.
As indicated in the terms of service, the amount paid for the priority service, as well as the visa fee, is non-refundable, even if the visa application is refused or if the decision is delayed.

We regret that we are unable to respond to enquiries asking about the status of any application. Any status enquiry should be made to the international enquiry service, details of which are on the GOV.UK website;
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Staff at Embassies, visa processing centres and visa application centres cannot assist with visa enquiries. You may also wish to view the current processing times for applications made in your country:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times
We will not contact you again unless we require any further information regarding your application, otherwise you will be contacted by the commercial partner at the application centre where you submitted your application when your decision is ready for collection.

Please note that you are advised not to purchase flight tickets until you have secured a visa for travel to the UK.

Kind regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

This is an automated message - please do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. UKVI contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New Spouse Visa Online Application

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 pm

Yes, Appendix2 form is still needed to upload in new application as well (UKAccess). While uploading supporting documents, there will be separate section for Appendix2. Appendix 2 is still helpfull especially for self emploment details, as new system doesnot allow to fill appropriately for some cases. You may have time to upload documents until 10-20 working days from biometric at UK scanning centers.
But Im not sure if anyone was refused for not submitting Appendix 2.Good Luck.

Cristinaap
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Cristinaap » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 am

We're on the sam boat. I received an email same like yours. But i forgot to send the appendix 2.

Any update on your application? Did they asked you to send it again?

Appreciate your reply

Kay101
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Kay101 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:40 am

rmkirfan wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 pm
Yes, Appendix2 form is still needed to upload in new application as well (UKAccess). While uploading supporting documents, there will be separate section for Appendix2. Appendix 2 is still helpfull especially for self emploment details, as new system doesnot allow to fill appropriately for some cases. You may have time to upload documents until 10-20 working days from biometric at UK scanning centers.
But Im not sure if anyone was refused for not submitting Appendix 2.Good Luck.
Thank you for the helpful information.
Cristinaap wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 am
We're on the sam boat. I received an email same like yours. But i forgot to send the appendix 2.

Any update on your application? Did they asked you to send it again?

Appreciate your reply
We posted the Appendix 2 attached to an application form and the list of documents submitted online as reference to the address in the email we received. We didn't get any email to send appendix 2 so not sure if they acknowledged the papers we sent by mail. Fingers crossed and just waiting for their response. It's 53 working days since we submitted biometrics. I will update you if we get a response.

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:56 pm

I am applying for spouse visa fro my wife from Pakistan. Do i have to use this link

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/next

OR

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

I am very confused.

Thank you
I want to learn by sharing what I Have learnt.

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 pm

rashismart2000

Post by rashismart2000 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Both are correct, the top one give you the option for submitting copy of original docs
I want to learn by sharing what I Have learnt.

Kay101
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Kay101 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Update on our application
They got our appendix 2 after we mailed it to them from the UK. We got our passport yesterday exactly 60 working days from day of application but unfortunately it was rejected on basis that my husband is a contract worker and we didn't submit all the required documents for self employment although he earns way over the £18600 per year.

We want to get it right this time. Can you please assist me with a question I have. We are thinking that he gets a permanent job. He is an engineer. How long does he need to work to pass as a permanent worker? Can he work for a month so that we submit saying he has a permanent job and also submit his previous job pay slips and bank statements without having to submit self employment documents? Or it's not that easy?

We feel like it might be hard for us to provide all the required self employment details. Yet we don't want to wait long before reapplying. Please help.

OlaSim
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by OlaSim » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Hi Kay,

Sorry to hear you were rejected.

If you don’t mind writing exactly what HO said with regards to why they rejected you.

Also, take a look at this link which might help when filling in Appendix 2 - this is detailed guideline notes. you just need to refer to it to answer the questions correctly. (Bear in mind, It is not to be submitted with your Appendix 2 form) https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ext_1_.pdf

I am unsure as to how long you have to wait before reapplying. Hopefully someone can answer that question for you.
Kay101 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 pm
They got our appendix 2 after we mailed it to them from the UK. We got our passport yesterday exactly 60 working days from day of application but unfortunately it was rejected on basis that my husband is a contract worker and we didn't submit all the required documents for self employment although he earns way over the £18600 per year.

We want to get it right this time. Can you please assist me with a question I have. We are thinking that he gets a permanent job. He is an engineer. How long does he need to work to pass as a permanent worker? Can he work for a month so that we submit saying he has a permanent job and also submit his previous job pay slips and bank statements without having to submit self employment documents? Or it's not that easy?

We feel like it might be hard for us to provide all the required self employment details. Yet we don't want to wait long before reapplying. Please help.

Tom89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tom89 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am

Kay101 wrote:

Hi Kay,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that the your application was not successful. From my understanding, you need at least 6 months of payslip from an employer or in your case, demonstrate that you have consistent income over 6 months to qualify on the financial side of things.

I am following this thread quite keenly. It seems that I have made exactly the same initial mistake as yourself i.e. submitted all the application and documents online except for Appendix 2.

If you don't mind, would you be able to provide few more information on what you sent to the Sheffield office ? As you have already sent the application online, did you just the the appendix 2 with application reference number via post ? Or did you include your copy of the application as well ?

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:58 am

Tom89 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 am
Kay101 wrote:

Hi Kay,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that the your application was not successful. From my understanding, you need at least 6 months of payslip from an employer or in your case, demonstrate that you have consistent income over 6 months to qualify on the financial side of things.

I am following this thread quite keenly. It seems that I have made exactly the same initial mistake as yourself i.e. submitted all the application and documents online except for Appendix 2.

If you don't mind, would you be able to provide few more information on what you sent to the Sheffield office ? As you have already sent the application online, did you just the the appendix 2 with application reference number via post ? Or did you include your copy of the application as well ?
As of the 31st July 2019, the HO are no longer accepting documents by post.

How did you submit your application, using which site?

Application Type: Settlement, Fiancé
Application Date: 26 June 2019
Decision Date: 29 August 2019
Decision: Granted

Application Type: FLR(M)
Application Date: 23 October 2019
Decision Date: 28 October 2019

Tom89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tom89 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:04 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:58 am
Tom89 wrote:
Kay101 wrote:

Hi Kay,

Hi KristianDLloyd,

I submitted the actual application online. It is the Appendix 2 form that I was unaware of and only found out about it while going for biometric and sending supporting documents by VFS agent asking for it. I made the submission without the Appendix 2 now. The application was made last week and nowhere did it mention about appendix 2 (which contains details/finances of the sponsor) on the application form or on guidance document. The details required on Appendix 2 form such as income of sponsor and/or relation to sponsor, this information has already been provided on the application form online under the section "finance" and "sponsor details".

Now my biggest worry is that of the application being rejected due to lack of Appendix 2 form, even though the required information is already covered on the application.

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:28 pm

Tom89 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:04 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Tom89 wrote:
Kay101 wrote:

Hi Kay,

Hi KristianDLloyd,

I submitted the actual application online. It is the Appendix 2 form that I was unaware of and only found out about it while going for biometric and sending supporting documents by VFS agent asking for it. I made the submission without the Appendix 2 now. The application was made last week and nowhere did it mention about appendix 2 (which contains details/finances of the sponsor) on the application form or on guidance document. The details required on Appendix 2 form such as income of sponsor and/or relation to sponsor, this information has already been provided on the application form online under the section "finance" and "sponsor details".

Now my biggest worry is that of the application being rejected due to lack of Appendix 2 form, even though the required information is already covered on the application.
Hi Tom,

Using which online application form? If it’s with AccessUK, then it’s likely you don’t need to provide Appendix 2 if you have provided the required financial information in the application form.

My partners application was successful without Appendix 2, having applied through AccessUK.

The mixed responses on here re: Appendix 2 did nothing but worry me. It should be fine and there’s nothing you can do now.

Note that I was advised it was not required by two Immigration Advisors.

Tom89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Tom89 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:14 pm

KristianDLloyd wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:28 pm
Tom89 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:04 pm
KristianDLloyd wrote:
Tom89 wrote:

Hi Kay,

Hi KristianDLloyd,

Hi Tom,

Using which online application form? If it’s with AccessUK, then it’s likely you don’t need to provide Appendix 2 if you have provided the required financial information in the application form.

My partners application was successful without Appendix 2, having applied through AccessUK.

The mixed responses on here re: Appendix 2 did nothing but worry me. It should be fine and there’s nothing you can do now.

Note that I was advised it was not required by two Immigration Advisors.
Hi KristianDLloyd,

Thank you so much for your very prompt responses. Despite there being so many trolls on the internet, people like you make world better place to live.

I now feel reassured from your responses.

I applied through gov.uk website (not sure if this is AccessUK) - https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

I have had mixed responses from across the broad - immigration advisors, friends and others alike. However finding yourselves - a real life case study holds much more weight that what others have said.

I have emailed UK Visa and Immigration about this query. They charged around £5 for a query via email which seems steep :? haha

If I may ask, how long ago did you make the application for your partner ? Is this fairly recent ?

p.s. - i hope you are having great time together with your partner :)

KristianDLloyd
Mood:
Wales

Post by KristianDLloyd » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Tom89 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi KristianDLloyd,

Thank you so much for your very prompt responses. Despite there being so many trolls on the internet, people like you make world better place to live.

I now feel reassured from your responses.
No problem at all! I agree, I was a bag of nerves, there were just so many conflicting ‘opinions’ and few that had real experience’. Everybody had their own interpretations and reading them made me doubt myself (and my suitably qualified Immigration Advisor) even more! So I forked our on an Immigration Advisor...
Tom89 wrote:
I applied through gov.uk website (not sure if this is AccessUK) - https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Yes, this is AccessUK. It’s still being rolled out, so the guidance isn’t being amended to remove the requirement for Appendix 2 as some still apply using Visa4UK - this is what my Immigration Advisors said.
Tom89 wrote:
I have had mixed responses from across the broad - immigration advisors, friends and others alike. However finding yourselves - a real life case study holds much more weight that what others have said.
I kept telling myself: you have a bad meal, you tell 20 people. You have a good meal, you tell 2 people.

My partners visa was successful, applying from China. I know of two others (not on this forum) who applied from the USA and Philippines with successful applications, without Appendix 2.
Tom89 wrote:
I have emailed UK Visa and Immigration about this query. They charged around £5 for a query via email which seems steep :? haha
Yeah, it’s a bit steep for an email! Though you won’t get much sense from them as this service is outsourced to Sitel. They look at notes provided by the ECO, attached to your application They’ll likely only refer you to the guidance, which is clear as mud!
Tom89 wrote:

If I may ask, how long ago did you make the application for your partner ? Is this fairly recent ?

We applied on 26/6/19, had a decision between 28/7/19-30/7/19 and the passport came back on 6/8/19
Tom89 wrote:
p.s. - i hope you are having great time together with your partner :)
I’m going to pick him up from Heathrow tomorrow - very excited!

Hope it all goes well for you, update the timeline thread!