ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting a business alongside the job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruvkumar
Newly Registered
India

Starting a business alongside the job

Post by dhruvkumar » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:42 am

Hi all

I am from India working in UK under Tier 2 employer sponsored visa. I want to start my own company alongside my primary job. Ideally, one must get Entrepreneur visa or something else which clearly allows you to do that. However I am not prepared to quit my primary job until I am sure about the viability of this business.
The guidance document is not very clear about it Tier-2 Policy Guidance (pg 54). I even tried contacting the UK visa and immigration department but it didn't get any clear answer. Can anyone help me understand how to deal with this situation please?

Thanks
Dhruv.

ExpertUser2019
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Starting a business alongside the job

Post by ExpertUser2019 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 am

You can start business and open business bank account there will not any problem.

But you can not be employee of your business but you can be director of that business.

dhruvkumar
Newly Registered
India

Re: Starting a business alongside the job

Post by dhruvkumar » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:46 am

Thanks for replying.
So can I get salary from that business? Doesn't that partly make me an employee?
Also does the 20-hour work limit affect it in any way?