ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

French Student type D visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijitsekar
Newly Registered

French Student type D visa

Post by abhijitsekar » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 am

Hello,

I shall be visiting France on a student exchange programme with a type D visa. I understand that i shall have to apply for a resident permit once i am in France. My stay is for 110 days in France. I wanted to know if during this stay can I travel to other schengen nations without having the resident permit, as that might take more than a month.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:34 am

Yes, you can travel to other Schenegan nations with your French entry visa.

Besides, within a few days of applying for your titire d'sejour (or staying permit), you'll get a temporary titre d'sejour in the form of a paper. It is advisable to keep this paper with you during your travels as the proof that your application is being processed

lapie
Newly Registered

Type D Visa

Post by lapie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:16 am

How long does it take for the receipt of the residence permit ? Can we go to all schengen countries after taking that receipt ?

Thanks,
Lapie

gani999

Re: Type D Visa

Post by gani999 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:40 pm

lapie wrote:How long does it take for the receipt of the residence permit ? Can we go to all schengen countries after taking that receipt ?

Thanks,
Lapie
It is not exactly a receipt. It takes about a week to 10 days, depending on where you apply for it.

Yes, you can go to all the schenegan countries after getting it.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:49 am

gani999 wrote:Yes, you can travel to other Schenegan nations with your French entry visa.

Besides, within a few days of applying for your titire d'sejour (or staying permit), you'll get a temporary titre d'sejour in the form of a paper. It is advisable to keep this paper with you during your travels as the proof that your application is being processed
Are you sure? As far as I know a visa D is a national and not a Schengen visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am

86ti wrote:
gani999 wrote:Yes, you can travel to other Schenegan nations with your French entry visa.

You usually can, my gf's German WP was a Schengen travel visa also.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:29 am

Wanderer wrote:
86ti wrote:

A German WP is issued as a Visa D? According to this page (in German) a visa D is national only.

Just wondering what visa D means for France. I know in Austria it is definitely a national visa up to six month valid, typically issued to seasonal workers and Austrians who want to bring their visa national spouses to the country.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:35 am

86ti wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
86ti wrote:

A German WP is issued as a Visa D? According to this page (in German) a visa D is national only.

Just wondering what visa D means for France. I know in Austria it is definitely a national visa up to six month valid, typically issued to seasonal workers and Austrians who want to bring their visa national spouses to the country.
Soz, I didn't read the thread properly! I assumed the OP had a full student visa or similar, looks like what u are thinking is correct, it's some sort of holidaymaker/seasonal worker visa therefore no Schengen capability.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....