ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thank you for your online application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chapterixx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Thank you for your online application?

Post by Chapterixx » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

We recently completed our Spouse Visa application, it was just over 4 weeks ago, and we just received our confirmation email stating that our application is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer.

Does the 12 weeks application decision start from when we got this email i.e. this week, or when we submitted our application 4 weeks ago? We assumed with it being made online, that the email would have come through much quicker than this.

Kind regards
Chris

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Thank you for your online application?

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:53 pm

A lot of times the processing time reaches well above to 12 weeks. Mostly members say that processing time starts from biometrics but in my opinion it starts when caseworker/eco receives the supporting documents.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Chapterixx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Thank you for your online application?

Post by Chapterixx » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:02 pm

Wow, yeh... I was hoping that wasn't the case but it makes sense. Even though I submitted the supporting evidence the day after she had her biometric meeting, 4 weeks seems like a long time to filter through.